Thursday, February 26, 2009

Plans

So since I'm going to create 3 other blogs, I better have a plan right? Well, first off, I probably won't be writing in this blog very much. As you can tell from the title, this blog is about my boring life. As there is usually nothing worth mentioning going on in my life, then this blog will remain almost untouched. The other blogs will be a different story.

There are three reasons for creating the other blogs:

1. What Tom said in his comment on my last post. lol

2. To teach others who want to learn or further their knowledge of the blogs particular subject.

And the most important:

3. I have always said I was going to write a book about the Civil War and possibly about my other areas of interest. These blogs will act as an area for me to organize things in order and to also go into detail about a lot of things. It's kinda hard to explain, but you probably get the idea.

For the Civil War and WWII blogs, I will start at the beginning and work my way to the end (obviously). I will examine reasons for the wars, then write about the battles all the way through to the end of the war. After that, I will write a little bit about what resulted from the war, and what happened after.

Not sure how to go with the Titanic blog. I think everyone knows the story already. So that one might not last too long. lol

So, there you go. My map for my other blogs. Sorry there really isn't more to write about here yet. I'm not sure how many of you will be interested in reading my other blogs, but like I said, they are for me really. You are welcome to read and comment if you want.

2 comments:

Mirrorboy said...

I don't know how you're going to go about getting an audience for those blogs... :/

From my experiences, 99% of peoples online don't like reading factual stuff. They want to be entertained and aren't gonna sit on their butts reading the sort of stuff they learnt in school.

But maybe there are a bunch of Peters out there who like reading bout that stuff. I don't know. It's not really my world.

Best of luck, of course. :)

Anonymous said...

It's sad but probably quite true, as mirrorboy said. People do want to be entertained. I myself changed over to a non gay subject blog in 07, and the viewing figures went right down the john, although it had it's own little following. We did London historical sights, Festivals and various goings on in the capital.

At the same time you cant stop people being passionate about certain subjects. Perhaps Peter might attract a small crowd of academics for such historical subjects. Even I'm fascinated by history. London is one of the most historical places in the world.

But for most young gay guys, well mostly all gay guys, they want to put down the study books and read about other gay guys and hear what they're getting up and what they're missing out on. They want to be entertained by stories and images.
I once had a friend who had an obsession that took over his life. And by the time he was 25 he finally admitted to me that he'd had what you might call a 'Youth Culture Bypass.' It took us nearly a year to introduce him into the world of being a happy young gay guy with lots of gay friends, and knowledgeable of the modern world.

Perhaps Peter, you might want to do a blog all about your gay life, your friends, your dreams and hopes, witty stories, who your dreamboy is. Things like that. It's these subjects that will fetch you lots of readers.. sad to say I know.

D.