Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh hai hair

I knew I'd be posting on here again looking for some sort of advice. I didn't really picture I'd post on here for this kind of advice though :P

Tomorrow (Friday), I'm going to my college to pick up textbooks for the new semester (which starts Tuesday) and while I'm there I need to get a haircut so I don't look like a bum the first day back.

My hair hasn't been cut since at least October. Naturally, it grew out of the short style to the slightly longer 'apply gel and push the front over to one side' style, now finally it's back into the style it was in a few years ago before I even got it styled:

(Picture Removed)

This picture is a few weeks old, but you get the point.


Anywho, so I'm thinking since it's a new year, I may like a new hairstyle. That's where you come in. I was wondering if any of you could recommend something? Be sure to provide a link to a picture or even email some to me so I can take it in the the barber tomorrow.

Preference: something short.

If I don't get any recommendations I like, I'll just go back to the same short style I had before. That style looks something like this:


10 comments:

naturgesetz said...

I wish I had some suggestions for you, but there's nothing I can illustrate. I've always (since age 6 anyway) had a style that parts the hair on one side, with the hair just combed back slightly from the forehead and across the crown and straight down the sides. It's pretty common, so the barber should have no trouble. Your hair may still be a bit short for it, but I think it can still work. The part should normally be on the side where the whorl is, but I don't think it really matters. I've always had my hair parted on the "wrong" side.

Nice pic, btw.

Planetx_123 said...

Yea i dont really know cool styles for short hair...but ive never styled my hair. ive had the same hair cut since i was 3 :/

good luck! and post a pic ;-) #obligatoryPicRequest

Much Love,
steve

JSL said...

why dont you leave it slightly longer than normal and see if the 'tousled' look works for you..the sort of neat just got out of bed look..easy to maintain and trendy as well?

Anonymous said...

I like the tousled look. If you wear a hoodie or ski cap in cold weather it might to tousle itself.

Anonymous said...

well if you look like you look in this pic then I say.... (whistles)

"HOTTIE!!!"

lol, but yeah you look fine
but um, short can be cute too
I am at a loss, sorry

-tj

Lunty said...

youre getting gayer by the minute :P ........ (and no i dont have any advice, u know how i feel about short hair styles :/)

Anonymous said...

A matter of personal preference, but maybe consider a style that does not clash with the natural way your hair grows and how much maintenance you want to put up with. I always thought that on young guys having the hair cut short and combed ahead (maybe with a bit of gel) looks masculine and great and has the plus of easy maintenance. Or have very long hair with no styling! But you are gay and have good taste; just mess with your hair in the mirror until you find what you like. Your pic looks really good so you don't have to do too much. bfn - Wayne :)

Seth said...

Maybe something with a faux-hawk kind of look - a little bit of spikey? But not too extreme or anything just a sort of mellow approach, get the sides trimmed a bit and leave the length on top?

Or the emo kind of flop-mop I suppose

I've posted a few images on my blog of the type since I had to go research LOL

:)

Anonymous said...

Spikey is OK but tousled is much better.

Keep most of your ears but not all.

Don't get into brushing your hair out of your eyes unless you want to be like Mirrorboy and all those others.

Don't have it much more than a couple of inches over your collar and preferably less.

Have more on top and discover gel.

Above all it's definitely time to put away childish things and be a man, my son - as Rudyard Kipling told someone rather younger than you a long time ago!

Anonymous said...

leave you hair as they are ... but put a smile on your face! You wouldn't look like a bum.
HUGS
Oliver