Sunday, August 21, 2011

Major Decision (Pun Intended)

A month ago I started thinking about changing majors and going for something I could do more with. Well I kicked the idea down the road several weeks before I was finally forced to make a decision last week. The cancelled two of my classes for my old major due to low enrollment so I went from being in the "full time student" credit level to only having 6 credits this upcoming semester. When they did that I knew it was time to act on my thinking. So I went to the college, talked to the transfer counselor, changed my major from Computer-Aided Drafting and Design to General Studies, dropped what was left of my old classes, and added new ones. So now my schedule for this semester is as follows:

Forensic Science: Wednesday, Friday 8:00AM - 9:25AM Lab: Mondays 8:00AM - 10:00AM

American National Government: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:25PM - 2:20PM

Spanish I: Tuesday, Thursday 12:40PM - 2:05PM

I also have two english classes (English II and one called "The Novel") which are both online because the regular classes were full already.


So I'll finish up the next year at the community college then transfer to a university for either history or political science. Right now I'm leaning towards history...

Btw, school starts tomorrow!

D:


Thoughts on the new header picture? It's darkness kinda clashes with the brighness of the colors on the blog, but I'd rather not have a dark themed blog. It's one of MANY pictures I took while on vacation several weekends ago. Stay tuned if you're interested in seeing them all...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check your blog all the time, but I don't comment very often, so don't think no one is interested in your blog if you don't get many comments. And I really like the pictures.

From the UK.

naturgesetz said...

I think you've made a sensible decision about majors. Too bad you have to take the English classes online — it's that much less of a chance to meet people and get to know them. I hope you'll be able to get all your courses on campus next semester, but it's more important to get the courses you should have. "The Novel" should be worthwhile.

I like the header pic. I agree it's a bit dark, but that doesn't mean the log content is dark. It's an interesting landscape. I like scenery where there is a succession of ridges like that. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

And good luck in school this semester.

Anonymous said...

Your community college set-up confuses me lol but as long as it gets you to university then go for it. A thought about history; it has always been written by the victors. Nice header too; soothing. bfn - Wayne :)

J said...

Sounds like you're on the right track.

Anonymous said...

ok, peter, sounds good. I cross fingers, toes and balls that you'll manage this sucessfuly.

We didn't forgot James. Did you?? Or did he forgot you ???

HUGS
Olivier

Jason Shaw said...

I like the new header, and yep lean that way with the major.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think about us.