Everything these days seems to have moved to Twitter (which I'm on FYI) and other social networking sites. Our corner of the blogosphere seems to have pretty much died, or at least those who were here when I started and shortly thereafter (mirrorboy, torchy, and the like) have, for the most part, stopped blogging. We're all still around on Twitter though!
Anyway, I haven't logged on here in weeks!
School is going well. No boyfriends or girlfriends (eww) to speak of, but I am in touch with a couple "local" (ie an hour away) fellow gays via the app Grindr. Life is pretty much as it always is, which I'm content with.
I have started a new venture - writing music. When I say music, I'm not talking about crappy songs with lyrics, I mean real music. I'm kinda studying music theory on my own off the internet. Right now I'm working on a score for The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe which I had to read for school last week. It's a very dark short story so of course the music is dark too. It sounds good so far, but I've kinda hit a composer's version of writers block. It's difficult to write something to go with paper where you have to imagine the action, unlike doing a score for a film where you can see the action and whatnot. It's an interesting challenge and it allows my creative juices to flow.
In honor of Halloween (still 20ish days away lol) here's some scary music to listen to:
"The Intersection Scene"
War of the Worlds
John Williams
4 comments:
Time to blow the dust off Peter's blog and make a comment lol. I think regular blogging is a bit of a challenge for most people and maybe they get a bit uncomfortable with their personal life being public as time goes by and circumstances change ie friends, job etc. You just can't say much on Twitter and it is about as deep as a bird bath.
-Good luck with your musical endeavors; musical creativity seems to dry up after age 35 as our brains become ossified lol.
-Gawd start getting some gratuitous sex; you are in your sexual prime! Most guys my age, looking back, wish they got more sex when they were young (cos it is a lot f**kin harder to get sex once past middle age for any guy). - Wayne :)
While some composers did mot of their best stuff before they were 35 (or 40), Bach and Haydn certainly didn't, nor did Verdi.
Anyway, I'll be interested to hear what you write if you ever have a chance to get it recorded and posted on the internet.
I'm glad to hear that life is going well. Enjoy!
yea i just logged in myself for the first time in weeks. The blog feels nostalgic now! not even something that feels like "now" at all. how strange.
In any case. Glad you're content-- ill spare you the obligatory content today doesnt mean a regret-free future speech ;-) really I just have the matronly need to convince people younger than me not to make the same mistakes I did (im sure theres some fancy psychology term to describe this common phenomena).
In any case, I sure am glad I get to stay in touch with you on twitter. The ghosttown of blogger is almost depressing :/
Hello and welcome back to your blog. I too am just as bad with regards to loging into my own blog. One more thing, best of luck in your new venture into music.
Post a Comment