Hello!
School is going well. There's lots of work and reading which I spend the majority of the day doing.
Besides classes and homework, I also go to the LGBT club meetings every Tuesday. We don't do too much in the meetings except plan for upcoming events like Awareness Week. Awareness Week is an entire week in October when we do something every day to promote LGBT awareness. I'm part of the advertising committee (signage, chalking the sidewalks, etc). I've made friends with a girl in the club who also just transferred to the university but she comes from out of state so she doesn't really know anyone on campus either.
In addition to the LGBT club, I've also recently joined College Democrats. They're hosing a debate watch party Wednesday night where we have pizza and watch the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney.
(Go Obama!)
Last week Alex and I (we go to the same university) tried to get tickets the school was selling for a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game in Pittsburgh but they sold out before we could get our hands on two. So around Monday or Tuesday of this week, Mom told me that my cousin was selling two tickets he had had for the game today. I asked Alex if he wanted to go since we couldn't last week and he said yeah so I bought the tickets! We're actually leaving in about a half hour. In addition to the baseball game, it's also Fireworks Night *and* Concert Night, so it should be a good time! :)
Not really much else to update about, BUT the NYC trip is coming up next weekend! So I'll be sure to post about the trip along with a slew of pictures (of course).
Bye!
4 comments:
Woot! sounds like a party! and I'm excited for your NYC trip. Still sad that it couldn't work out that we could meet up this summer there, but in any case I'm sure you'll have a great time!
So far, so good. Glad it's going that well. Keep us posted.
It is al sounding so good and I'm really pleased for you. Go to it, my only advice is to join few more clubs and groups.....
I wish I was over there to join in a watch party, such excitement, I was invited to one in Marion, Illinois, which considering I'm in England was a bit too far to come. However I'll be having a 'watch' party on my own, at 4am in the morning!
I hope you have sooo much fun in New York.
Nice things are going well. I usually wait until the day after the debates to see who made the gaffes lol. The USA is going through a rough spell economically but it is best to recover slowly rather than create another artificial 'bubble' that ends in disaster IMO. Does Alex know you are in LGBT? Is he a skirt-chaser or is he sexually ambivalent? Anyway I hope you had fun at the ball game. - Wayne :)
Post a Comment