Yesterday I went to my first ever drag show! The uni's LGBT community, which I am a part of, hosted the show at the university and had entertainers from the Pittsburgh area (a few alumni and current students) and Ohio performing. I went with a lesbian friend I have made in the LGBT club (most members are lesbians).
It was an amazing time!
Before the going to the show, I just told Mom I was going to "a show" at the university, but then after I got back home that night I told her it was a drag show. I even showed her a rainbow wristband I bought at the show. She didn't question anything (I am not out to her), she really only said, "oh, that sounds like fun."
So, yeah!
2 comments:
A gender-bender drag show is often funny and very witty, with a few jabs at the hypocrisy of society. Maybe you can make some gay boyfriends before coming out to your family though; a little support for your side is nice. - Wayne :)
That's exactly what college is for - broadening your horizons. Glad you liked the drag show.
Someday, when you come out to your mom, she won't be surprised, I suspect. But the previous comment is right on. It will be a lot easier if you have someone special supporting you when you tell her.
Post a Comment