I took this yesterday before the snow started falling. This is the "Before" picture...
... and this is the "After" one
Parting the white sea :p
Almost a foot of snow in less than 24hrs
View up river
The snow weighing down the pine tree's branches.
So, yeah...
Nothing else is really happening right now. Currently, I'm keeping busy with school work and stuff. Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but I sent in two college/uni applications 2 weeks ago. The first was to the community college, and the other was to a university. I'm not really counting on getting into the uni tho. I did get accepted into the CC, but they have an open enrollment policy which means they'll take anyone who has graduated from high school no matter the GPA or SAT/ACT scores. Transcripts and SAT scores were sent to the Uni a few days ago, so now I just have to wait for the rejection letter :p
Well, that's all for now.
7 comments:
Hi Peter; a lot of universities are hurting for cash so maybe that will improve your chances. Sometimes a university will accept credits from CC after you graduate. Try and pick a career that will make you some bucks. If I were young today, I would be a technician or lab guy in the health care system; all the baby boomers who didn't take care of themselves will be arriving in droves! Lots of work for the next 30 yrs. Hope you got my email. Bye - Wayne
I'm assuming that's the same storm that ripped through Southern California a week or so ago. I think it reached "100-year Storm" levels in a few areas of CA. Also, snow was measured in yards, not feet, in the mountain regions.
Have fun with all your new snow!
we got about 2 1/2 feet here ... spent most of the day digging out and it was a lot of fun ... maybe I'll post some pics ... good luck on the uni!
Snow wasn't predicted here, so people got kind of worried when we got some fairly heavy flurries just after 9 a.m., but they tapered off fairly soon. So there was no real accumulation.
The CC to 4-year route is not bad, but it would be nice if you actually got accepted at a four year college.
The snow could have been worse; you could have received what they did from DC to Baltimore, or west of there.
Tell me about it - I just dug my car out of 30". Now I don't want to move it because someone will steal my parking space!
This was a classic Mid Atlantic Nor'easter. Upper level low pressure system moving in from the west, and an offshore low pressure system riding up the coast, pumping in tons of ocean moisture.
I'm sure that there's a joke about 11 inches in there!
;-)
Post a Comment