He never replied to my last message Saturday night. I sent him a general "hey, how are you?" message last night when he was on but he never replied or even opened it. Today has opened it but not replied... And he didn't accept my "connection" request (kinda like a friend request on facebook).
So... yeah...
Disappointed once again :|
5 comments:
Too bad he won't reply, but it begins to seem that he wasn't interested in any possibility of a relationship. If so, it's probably best for the contact to end sooner rather than later.
*hugs*
but why are you disappointed? you told him you didn't want to do anything sexual and that it was illegal, and more importantly he wasn't the type of guy you want! (i.e. interested solely in experimenting and not getting to know you first). So you shouldn't be disappointed-- but happy! that you didn't get caught up and hurt by a bunch of emotions because hes not a good guy for you.
The reason why youre hurt (and I suffer from this as well, just not _nearly_ as bad the last 5 yrs or so) is that your _attraction_ to him is solely based on his physical appearance. You said you had a crush on him before you knew anything about him! I'm not criticizing you-- we're visual creatures-- its expected. But what I would think about is what really is going to "work" for you? Because it may be that the intersection of what you want physically and emotionally are very different things that dont often intersect. I hope that you can find that rare guy that is the perfect intersection of what really turns you on _and_ happens to be exactly what you need and you are exactly what he needs... i hope you find him-- because i haven't been successful in finding mine, and i have a few years more trying on you and i think i've been trying harder ;-) So at the end of the day-- we have to realize that what turns us on now maybe should expand, and maybe getting "crushes" just based on a photo is a recipe for shallow relationships that will end in pain. My hope in recognizing this _for me_ is to lower my "standards" to normal, non-supermodel people-- real people-- and hopefully, with maturity, I can be just as turned on by the less-than-perfect guy who happens to be geeky and into documentaries whenever such a guy comes along.
I'm not going to re-read-- i hope none of that came off as critical, because I really didn't mean it as such. I just really identify with your reaction-- I've lived this scenario when i was...19, myself. And I can say _with absolute certainty_ that i regret it.
Get out there pete!
Steve
Hey, like the other comments here, I echo those feelings.
It wasn't meant to be, simple as that, sure it can be disappointing, but if things are not meant to be, if in different places and different stages of life you and he are, it's almost certainly for the best it didn't work out.
I know you'll find the love that you seek sometime or other, which will be based on more than just a physical attraction. Hugs and best wishes, x
Send him another text; persistence pays off sometimes. Or maybe he is someone misrepresenting himself and you are calling his bluff. Or maybe he was horny when he was talking to you but he is not now lol. But pursuit of love and sex means exploring all the avenues and opportunities until the odds strike in your favour; spring and summer coming up; never give up. bfn - Wayne
disappointment is the reverse of too high expectations, Peter. So, you're NOT disappointed, you just put too much hopes and expectations in this. That is normal and you shouldn't blame you. Just remember how things turned out with Alex: your expectations were beyond reality, so you ended "disappointed".
So, what happend? The guy was interested in you just for a while, just for an experiment - and he told you. So, you knew.You were ready to accept this "experiment", nothing more at the beginning.
The experiment finaly didn't realise. Ok. But nothing to be dissapointed about, dear.
Take it positively: you have learned two lessons with the same meaning: get someone KNOWN before you put expectations in him. That's life!
I'm sure you will find your bff, Peter, there are so many guys waiting for you!!
HUGS
Olivier
Post a Comment