Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jumping the Gun

So that first night Chris and I talked, we stayed up until 2:30 in the morning texting. Then the next day, the following texting conversation took place:

Me: Hey, are you still up?

Chris: Yeah ;)

Me: Haha wasn't sure if you would be since someone kept you up last night ;) How was your day?

Chris: Good and hehe you mean Sexy Peter

Me: :O Who's he?!

Chris: You silly!

Me: Hehe stop it or you're gonna make me fall for you ;)

Chris: Maybe I want you to

Me: Nah I'd just be wasting your time. I'm sure there are better guys who are closer to you

Chris: When will you people learn maybe I want you haha

Me: Haha maybe I want you too but we're too far apart :(

Chris: Guess you don't wanna fight for me but ok your loss

Me: Noooo I didn't mean that! Long distance relationships suck, that's all. I mean we can't go on date or anything like that :(

Chris: Like I said, your loss

Me: Stop it :P I'd be willing to give it a try

Chris: No you don't wanna, it's cool. I've been rejected and it isn't the first or last time

Me: Nooo come on :( I'm sorry I made it sound that way

And that's pretty much where that conversation thread ended. Nothing too exciting happened the next few days. He wanted to talk on Skype friday night which we did but that didn't last too long cos he was busy apparently. When we said goodnight he gave me our first virtual *hug.*

Sunday he sent me the first good morning text. I was in church but we still texted. We talked about when school was over:

Me: This is my last week :D But I'm taking a Physics class over the summer so there won't be much of a vacation :(

Chris: Awe I sorry

Me: Don't be :P I'm sorry I won't have time to come visit you before you go back home ;) (to South Carolina)

Chris: Aww :(

Me: Meh you wouldn't want me to anyway :P

Chris: Whatever lol we will see if I can visit you lol

Me: Ok! :D haha

And that was it until the next morning when he sent me another good morning text calling me handsome. I had been talking to people on Twitter about him so when he texted me I said...

Me: Speak of the devil, I was just talking to someone about you :P

Chris: Aww who?

Me: Just some other gay friends I have online. They keep calling you my boyfriend lol

Chris: Lol

Me: Don't worry, I told them you aren't

Chris: That's cute tho

So then a bit later I told him I thought he should put up more pics on the gyc (he only has 2)

Chris: How about I send some

Me: That works too :P

Chris: muah

Me: lol is that supposed to be a kissing sound?

Chris: Yes

Me: You're cute :)

Chris Your cute

Me: lol stop it, you're making me smile ;)

Chris: Haha smile cutie :-P

Me: haha I can't help it when I talk to you ;)

Chris: lol its cute

Me: Speaking of cute, where's those pics at?? :P

He sent me three pics of him, and I thought...

Me: Yay! You're soooo cute ^__^

Chris: lol whatever

Me: haha I want to hug you now :)

Chris: awwwe *hugs*


Phew, that's a lot of copying texts onto blogger.... Anyway, so now we get to the point of this whole post...


A few hours later (this was on Monday), I basically told him I "kinda want" to meet him. I didn't imply and time or anything like that, I was just saying I wouldn't mind meeting him sometime. But he said,

"I know but you're kinda jumping the gun."

I knew I shouldn't have told him that, but I did anyway. So I responded, "Yeah I know, sorry." He didn't reply back. So then less than an hour later, after consulting Twitter friends, I sent him another text...

"Just in case you got the wrong impression, I didn't mean I wanted to meet for sex. I'm not like that. Still jumping the gun but I just wanted to make that clear."

Again, no response.

Yesterday we didn't text each other and he wasn't on the gyc or skype. So today I sent him a friendly good morning text. Nearly 6 hours later and he hasn't responded...


So... Myself and others are confused about his reaction. As I said on Twitter, I get the "jumping the gun" response, but I don't get why he's seemingly ignoring me now :(

I don't know what happened....



Ugh, I'm wasting my time here writing this. I need to get projects done before tomorrow night. But I can't stop pondering this.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people get scared or insecure about those things when they really come up. Maybe it's because the building of a friendship is so easy online, while the "real" part (i.e. meeting each other in real) is so much more difficult and, well, just more real.

PS: I sent you an email

naturgesetz said...

I'm as surprised as you and your Twitter friends at his reaction.

I'm not even sure why saying you'd like to meet him was jumping the gun, in the light of the previous texts. Would it have been different if you'd said you'd like to meet him sometime?

Anyway, it seems to have spooked him. Hopefully he'll calm down and come back, but I think this is not the time to be going after him. Wait at least a couple of days before you send a message, unless you see him on wherever you were texting.

Anonymous said...

I am always suspicious of people misrepresenting themselves on the Internet. I don't see anything untoward on your part and it is perfectly reasonable to want to meet. He seems to be getting cold feet very quickly at the mention of meeting; I wonder if he already has a bf or if there is some other reason. It is not very nice to be so friendly with you one minute and then freeze you out so quickly. If he is the kind of person to mess with someone else's head just for his kicks then you are not missing out on anything. I dunno; trying to meet people on the Internet often seems like the 'too good to be true' scenario. I think you will have better luck in the real world. He owes you an explanation though if he has any conscience. bfn - Wayne

TanmanC said...

I cant think of a reason he wouldn't want to meet you. I do not know what your look like, but if he thinks you are cute, id say he doesn't know what he is missing out on.

The immediate cold feet thing seems very fishy. Good luck, and as I am sure you do not want to hear, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Love and hugs
TanmanC

http://tanmanc.blogspot.com/

Planetx_123 said...

Yep still confused. even moreso now-- and i dont even think what you said "jumped any guns" given the way you told me that you phrased it. dont even think it needed a follow up text. weird.

however i think you dont have any options here (which you already know). if you keep messaging him then it comes off as desperate. him not texting you either reflects that he's (1) scared/spooked/creeped out -- which i think would be strange..but theres a lot of strange people (2) too busy and doesnt care very much, which isnt very nice/fair to you, (3) misrepresenting himself like wayne said which i hadnt really considered but is always a possibility or (4) weird or some other personality flaw...still not good.

Much Love,
Steve

Anonymous said...

karma is a bitch, you may have treeted somebody like that before