So... Nothing really special to blog about so I'll just write about some small things:
I've been getting into politics a lot recently. This week I've watched C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 more than I ever have in my entire life. Of course, I was following the Healthcare Bills as they went through the House of Representatives and the Senate up until now. I had to explain to Dad and some bloggers how the bills went through the House and Senate. Dad said I should get a law degree and become a politician.
I don't think so...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In prom news, Amanda got her dress. It's basically black and white. So I guess I have to go get a tuxedo now. Amanda said her friends who are part of the prom committee said the school may cancel the dinner so they can save money. I hope they don't. The dinner part will be the most enjoyable part of the whole evening.
I don't dance; especially fast dancing. I will slow dance, but I'm not good at it. I hope Amanda doesn't expect me to dance very much lol. I'll probably just sit on my ass most of the night.
Amanda asked if we're going to any after-parties. I guess it depends on how late Dad will let me stay out since I'll have his car. The only thing I know about after-parties is there is usually drinking. I don't drink and Amanda says she doesn't either, so I'm not really sure what the point is. She said she doesn't want to go home right after the dance though.
By the way, prom isn't until May 1st.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow I have to go to the community college to take a placement test. It starts at 10:30 and they say it usually takes people an hour and a half to two hours to complete it, so hopefully I'll be back before 2 p.m.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Sunday Alex and I were supposed to hide Easter eggs at the church for the kids to hunt later that evening. I sent Alex a text message the day before to remind him that we were supposed to do it right after church.
Before church started we were talking about it and counting how many eggs we had. After church I went to get the eggs out. By the time I got them out and into the sanctuary, Alex had left. I had to hide 69 eggs by myself. Later he said he thought we were going to do it before the dinner.
Ugh... You can't really count on him...
Last Wednesday, I got to drive Alex and his sister to school. They were waiting at the bus stop when I left, so I just asked them if they wanted to ride. Amanda never asked if I was going to pick her up. She didn't show up for school, so I sent her a message and she blamed me lol.
Oh well :)
Hmm... Not sure what to talk about now...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My favorite part is 1:37 - 2:19 :D
5 comments:
I can see why she'd consider it a bit dull to go straight home after the prom. Maybe one of the parties will seem to have more to recommend it than the others — people you respect, parents who will keep things under control. Alternatively, maybe you and a few other non-drinkers could arrange to go to a restaurant for a late supper — nothing too fancy since it would have to be the sort of place that stays open fairly late. If that's not possible, maybe a non-drinker's parents would be willing to have a few of you stop by for a bite to eat. Make sure you have an early enough curfew as an excuse for not having to spend hours partying. LOL
Good luck on the test.
Yeah, the house and senate thing in the States really confuses me, a Canadian. In Canada, the Senate doesn't really have much power because they are appointed, not elected and although they sometimes delay, they usually rubber-stamp what the House of Commons puts through. But 60% in the senate to pass the health care bill? If not then 'reconciliation' and 'deem and pass'? Then I hear that 67% is needed in the senate to pass the nuclear non-proliferation treaty with Russia! Excuse me for being confused. Glad we have a parliamentary system.
-And the prom thing; at least you are going, and at the after-dinner party, just sip soda and leave when the booze turns the other students into idiots. Don't smoke, drink or take drugs; they are grease for the downhill slide.
-What the hell is a placement test? Aptitude test? Take my advice and get into something that leads to the health care system; secure job and good money.
-Let me see; Alex skips out on you with the Easter eggs, and you reward him with a lift to school! He must be hot! LMAO And Amanda is engaged; her boyfriend must assume she is safe with you because your father is a minister; good thing she is not a guy.
-Get Alex to check out Gay Andy's blog; he might get some hints. Andy has two gay guys driving him crazy. He's out to his friends though and he has guts. And a nice guy with a lot of heart. bfn - Wayne
exciting times! just relax and enjoy and savor the moments as they come!
Have a few drinks at your prom! Don't be a lame ass, you'll regret it when you are older if you don't have fun and a drink or two at your prom.
Yes as one of the "other bloggers"- I appreciate the government education :-)
I went to a number of dances in high school my freshman and soph years and didn't go to my prom junior and senior year. I don't really regret it-- im sure that it would've been me there with some awkward girl, trying not to dance and look stupid, and trying to stay as far from the assholes around me as possible.
It was weird I was social the first two years of HS and then very anti-social the last two.
And yea- cancel dinner!? That's always the fun part!
Much Love,
Steve
Post a Comment