I don't get why he keeps doing this. He's still posting what I call "moody" Facebook statuses like the one I talked about before (the most recent being how he can't wait for summer so his life is "back to normal"), so he's still going through some problems which I suspect is what is stopping him from meeting me. He's not really the type to purposefully lead someone on and then ditch them.
Anyway, I can't keep going through this every week so I think it's time I just stepped back for awhile and (hopefully) let him get over whatever it is he needs to get over.
* * * * *
Now, on a more important note...
Two weeks ago I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa, the honors society for two year colleges, so school is going pretty well. Next week is a short week with only one class on Thursday and the rest cancelled due to Maundy Thursday (or Holy Thursday), and no classes on Good Friday. That, however, is all I get off for Easter. Not much of a break... But after Easter there will only be 4 weeks of school left; 3 of classes and finals week. So I am almost done!
I have also been accepted to the local university here that is within a half hour away. Unlike my current school, they actually have an LGBT student organization AND a commission for LGBT affairs as part of their student government.
I mentioned I would apply to other unis, including Georgetown, but I decided not to even bother since I was 90% sure I would pick the local one anyway. I've never been one who liked being away from home very long, so this will be a good stepping stone before I get pushed out the door by my parents :P (metaphorically of course).
4 comments:
sounds like next year will be very exciting. you'll have to be sure to take the tyler route and get drankkkkkk every night ;)
It's too bad Dillon is like that: he seems really interested, but he can't quite bring himself to follow through. So I think it makes sense for you to step away. At least you know "It's not you; it's him" that's the problem.
Congratulations on being selected for ΦΘΚ! One more well-deserved confidence builder, I'm sure.
You can get a good education wherever you go. D.C. would have been interesting, but not worth it if you would have been uncomfortable out of easy reach of home. SO enjoy the rest of this semester and the next two years.
You're such a hopeless romantic, Peter, and we love you for that, but you've got to toughen up and not set yourself up for these falls. Life's too short.
Maybe the trick is to be persistent without being too pushy and Dillon will come around eventually. Lots of straight guys are frustrated by screwy women too. Maybe university will present better opportunities. - Wayne :)
Post a Comment