Sunday, January 24, 2010

I went out with Alex? What?! :O

Why yes I did :)


Yesterday, it was nice outside. Dad wanted me to take the recycling stuff to the bins now that the snow has melted. When I left, Alex and his sister were outside playing basketball; when I got back, he and the other Alex were playing hockey. I pulled the car into the yard and washed it. After getting all the residue of winter off, I parked it in the driveway to dry it in the sun.

While drying it, Alex shouted to me that the other Alex was getting distracted by my shiny car. He said, "What's that tell you about him?" "That he's stupid" was my response. They thought that was funny lol :p

Some other random things were said back and forth. After finishing up with the car I went back inside, but I really wanted to go over to Alex's. Dad and I ate dinner then he had me run down to the store to pick up some mayonnaise for the potato salad he was making. Alex and the others were still out playing hockey when I left despite it starting to get dark. When I got back, Alex2 had gone and it was just Alex out there now. I was going to go over, but I wasted time checking Twitter and letting some people know where I was going, and also by going to the bathroom. When I got up to the bathroom I noticed that he had gone inside.


Then today in church I was going to ask him if he wanted to do anything today. There wasn't much to do cos it was raining all day. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to him at all cos my sister-in-law and niece were there, so Alex didn't sit with me. I think they're going to be coming every Sunday now, so that means Alex won't be able to sit with me at all.

So, when I got home I sent him a text message saying, "Do you want to do anything later (after the hockey game)? There isn't much to do on a day like this though." Because there was a hockey game on and cos his family goes to his grandmother's for lunch every Sunday, I knew he wasn't home and wouldn't be home until after the game.

I sent that message at 1:21. After an hour with no response I figured he was still ignoring my messages. Then at 3:40 he replied. I was seriously shocked that he did! He said, "What did you want to do?... I'm probably going to go play video games." Unfortunately Dad wanted me to run to the store (again) and pick up some stuff we (didn't really) needed. Dad also suggested I go to the spring near here and get some water for my fish tank cos the water is evaporating lol (duh!).

So I told Alex that's what I was going to go do. I said he could come along if he wanted to. He replied, "Ok, when are you going?" :O I was shocked again! He actually wanted to go with me :O I sent back that I'd be leaving in about 10 minutes. When I was ready I sent him a message telling him that I was leaving. He was at my door within seconds lol.

There's not much to say about the whole trip. We were gone for a little over an hour. We obviously talked the whole time, but nothing worth mentioning here.

It was a little awkward when we got back. I was going to ask if he wanted to do anything later (we both had to cook and eat dinner), but the dog was throwing a hissy fit cos she was outside in the rain so I was trying to calm her down. Alex had already went back to his house so I didn't get a chance to either. So yeah... that was pretty much it.

I still can't believe he actually wanted to do something with me :O Maybe our time apart helped to get rid of any bad blood between us. I'm not sure what will happen now, but I hope it's good :)


Ugh, now Amanda is texting me wondering when we are gonna hang out. Ugh, women!

10 comments:

Just said...

Man I hope Alex and you get more time together , and hope he does let bad blood good. As for women ... lol got to learn with em cant live without them ... otherwise we wouldn't be here.... ( lol as I kinda swore off of them ) ... lol
Lee

Ryan said...

Sounds fun. Good luck on some more time 2gether! And indeed hopefully bad blood is gone for good..

Lots of love,
Ryan

Anonymous said...

Well I know you pretty much know how I feel about you and alex, and I'm glad you're going for a friends aproach and I hope you continue to keep hanging out with him as friends and not trying to push doing anything sexual.

I'm happy for you, and I'm pretty sure that since he went with you and you guys were able to hang out and it not be too weird or anything, that he'll be more likely to do stuff with you in the future.

Good luck :)

cvn70 said...

Peter

first of all Alex has probably always liked you as a friend and now that he is getting older its a big deal to go oout with out his parents and with his friends.

There is nothing wrong with having him as friend aand who knows what side benfits he may enjoy lol

take care and be safe

bob

Jimi said...

Well I'm glad you guys can be friends. Just don't stay if it starts to hurt. Did that make sense? Well I understood it lol.

Jove,
Limi

naturgesetz said...

That sounds pretty good.

I basically agree with xthecouragex and Jimi.

Don't know what to say about Amanda. One the one hand, hanging out with people is probably a good thing for you to do. OTOH,if you agree to hang out with her she could take it to mean that you're interested in her — or if she knows you aren't, maybe she just wants to make it look as if you are so that going to the prom will look better. Idk. How about hanging out with both her and Sam? That should be fairly safe. That way you're clearly "just friends."

J said...

Have I been missing something? I just noticed that you are posting a photograph and have come out. No fanfare about it. Wow! Now, tell that poor girl the truth so she won't go to the prom with any illusions.

Peter said...

@ J:

I came out? O_O

When did that happen? lol

wayner said...

Ok, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I know what it is like to want someone so much it hurts. You said you drove around with him for an hour. Did you ever let him know that you enjoy hanging with him? Give him some hints that you are a faithful friend who would never stab him in the back. Plan some activities where you can spend some time with him alone. (mountain biking in the spring is an excellent example; the woods are great for privacy!) Talk about sex; he might have real hang-ups over homosexual activity because of religion and the slander he hears. You must reassure him about this. You have already masturbated together so that is a start. But if you want skin-to-skin sex, you have to accept risk. Sex is all about risk; of rejection, of being found out, etc. That means outing yourself to him and telling him how you feel. If you do, you must emphasize your situation and insist on his discretion. Have contingency plans for three situations; worst case - he rejects you and blabs to everyone; middle case; he's not interested but keeps quiet; best case - he eagerly hops into bed with you and you have entered paradise. If the worst case happens, well, there are lots of other fish in the ocean and call him a liar; he has no right to out you. Middle case; give him some time to change his mind, if he doesn't, find another guy with 6-pack abs and rock-hard dick and a face with character, and let him do the stewing. Best case; He might be your partner for life or he might last a few months before you become interested in someone else, and now you have the reverse situation. You have to push the friendship to the next level and that is a risk you must take before you lose him. It might be a complete disaster, it might work out great; but don't blame me if it fucks up. (oops sorry!)lol -Wayne

Peter said...

@ Wayner:

Do you have an email address? I'd like to explain to you the whole me-Alex situation, but it's too long to post here. If you don't want to post your email here you can just email me (my email is in my profile).

If you don't have an email, I'll just give you the short version here.