I don't remember if I mentioned it in the last Prom post or not, but Amanda and I exchanged cell phone numbers last week. I don't think I mentioned that, but it's important info for this post :p
School was closed Friday because of bad weather so Amanda sent me a text sarcastically asking if we got the day off too. Unfortunately, us cyber schooled kids don't get snow days. My battery was dead so I didn't get her message until this morning lol.
Here is our text message conversation from today:
Me: Woops, I just now got your txt from Friday. My battery has been dead. Sorry!
Amanda: Lol it's ok. You hate me remember? :D
(That's been an ongoing joke during our Wednesday classes.)
Me: Oh yeah... I forgot :p
Amanda: Lol that's ok. Apparently I'm starting to grow on you! Haha
Me: Haha. Speaking of which, are you still going to prom by yourself? Or has Sam changed his mind? That is his name right? lol
(Sam is her fiance)
It took her 3 hours to respond O_O
Her: Lol yes I am still going by myself. And yes that's his name haha. (Sorry MY battery died this time) lol
Me: Hey! That's my excuse! :p Anyway I'd like to go to prom but not really by myself. Do you want to go together then (remember in the last post she said she would)? As friends obviously :p
Her: Of course I do! :) But I better get a corsage... lol jkjk
Me: Haha ok, it's a date then :p
Her: Awesome! What color dress should I get? lol unless you're not gonna match? Doesn't matter to me ;D
Me: Um... um... hmm... ummmmm... yeah I have no idea lol. It would look better if we matched.
Her: lol I was wanting to. It's more or less I get my dress, give you a swatch (a what?!), and then when you go get your tux you show them and they'll match the vest to my dress. haha
Me: What the heck is a swatch? Can you tell I'm new at this? lol
Her: A swatch is a piece of fabric. lol the fabric of my dress.
Me: Oh lol. Omg I'm so dumb lol. Well that sounds easy enough then.
Her: Lol you're not dumb. You've just never done prom before :) Do you want a boutonniere? haha
Me: See! I don't even know what that is! Oh wait... yes I do (after googling). Of course I want one :p I'm assuming you want a corsage right?
Her: Of course :) lol
That's all for now. I don't know what to do next lol. I suppose I should tell my parents :p Mom will know what to do next.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
4 comments:
don't forget condoms (oops - did I say that out loud?)
I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Best not to wait till the evening before the prom to tell them.
LOL
Sweet! have fun. I'm trying to go to my old schools prom because it would be my senor year.
order corsage well in advance --- use swatch. do not be cheap. Mom/dad will help if you have no money! just ask.
a nice dinner before prom is usual
you can surprise her
or
plan it together and expect to be noticed and people to make a fuss maybe. major cultural ritual that will make older people nostalgic. use napkin as bib is you order messy food. make a joke and just do it. she might have couples friends who want to make a group. either way pick what will be most comfortable for you. do you drive? figure that all out before
have fun
sex after prom is common
so
be sure you both have clear plans for after prom and dont waver from them or you may have awkward moments
she MIGHT decide to just cheat on Sam
it has happened
does she know you are gay?
don't put yourself down for not knowing what prom's all about OR for any other reason.
Post a Comment