Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Star Wars in Concert

Yesterday I went to the Star Wars concert in Hershey, PA. I went by myself because Mom couldn't go and Dad wouldn't (he can listen to the music on CD for a cheaper price he said). I drove there yesterday (5 hour drive) and got there an hour and 45 minutes before the concert started. Luckily I only had to wait in line for 20 minutes before the doors opened. My seat was on the floor, 20 rows from the stage. I'll upload the audio I recorded of my favorite pieces on this post, then make a separate post later with the pictures I took.

The thing I used to upload audio (audioboo.com) only lets you upload 5 minutes at once, so the opening was cut short. Instead of posting that audio file, here is a youtube clip of another performance:




Now here are the recordings I made. If you hear an annoying guy cheering, it is not me. Some idiot sat behind me who said he was only there "for the lights." And he kept saying Star Trek instead of Star Wars lol. I think he had too many beers before the show started :P


Duel of the Fates:

Listen!


Anakin's Theme:

Listen!


The Flag Parade:

Listen!


Across the Stars:

Listen!


Battle of the Heros:

Listen!


Imperial March:

Listen!


Asteroid Field:

Listen!


TIE Fighter Attack:

Listen!


Light of the Force:

Listen!


The played The Throne Room and End Titles at the end, but the cheering idiot behind me pretty much ruined that recording...


After the concert I went to my brother's who lives near Hershey and spent the night, then came home today.


Pictures later.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I am glad you had a safe trip. Five hours is a long drive, you should have had someone with you. The videos are nice.

Anonymous said...

I would have happily driven up to hang out but actually I didn't get home till pretty late last night ... oh well!

wayner said...

I have always enjoyed adventure type movies (guy's movies) as long as there is no gratuitous gore. I get tired of the snobby movie critics who pan some exciting movies because the 'drama' is not up to their standards. Excuse me, I am not watching a soap opera, I am watching thrills, action and a fast-moving plot. I watch a movie to get away from the 'drama' of real life, not to be reminded. I wonder if they will ever start up the Star Wars franchise again starting where they left off? bfn - Wayne :) (get out and find some gratuitous sex this summer lol!)

Jason Shaw said...

Wow, love the opening, sounds like you had a great time and I'm really pleased for you.

It sure looks good. x