Monday, September 20, 2010

New House Pics!

I had to stop at the new house Friday to let the gas company in to turn on the gas and light the pilot light in the furnace. While I was there I took some pictures with my cellphone (hence the bad quality). I want to go down again soon and take some better pictures and also take measurements to figure out furniture placement.

So here's the grand tour :P


The garage is huge! The day I took these pictures, I turned my car around *inside* the garage so I didn't have to back out into the alley :P



This is the backyard as seen from the garage and the back of the house.




There is a small man-made pond and waterfall off to the side of the house. The previous owners couldn't take the fish with them, so they left them for us. There are a few goldfish, including the huge one seen above, plus two others. Not sure what kind they are.



Kitchen.


Screened-in patio/porch.

Sunroom.



This room will start out as Mom's office, but she and her BF are thinking about turning it into a bar.


Dinning room. The door on the right leads to the downstairs bathroom. Inside and to the left of that doorway is another small room that has the washer, dryer, and basement entrance.



Living room.


Master bedroom.



This will probably be my room.



Eventually we'll use this room as a guest room, but for now it'll probably be storage.



1 of two huge closets.



The bathtub in the upstairs bathroom has jacuzzi jets! :D


Stanley Steamer came Saturday and cleaned the carpets and tiled floors. Gas, water, and electricity have all been turned on.

I'll take a load of boxes with me tonight when I go back down to the college for my Tech Drawing class (ugh). I'll probably take some more down each day this week. Friday is the official moving day.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The music that started it all :D

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
"Main Title/Rebel Blockade Runner"
John Williams

10 comments:

naturgesetz said...

It looks pretty livable.

A bar??!!! Are teachers supposed to have bars? LOL

Moving in stages makes sense when you can do it.

wayner said...

Looks like a very nice place. A big garage is great cos people also have so much stuff to store as time goes by. First thing I would put in the garage is a workbench and a big vise and your toolbox on top. Nice to have a place close to school and you can still get to see your dad when doing your job. bfn - Wayne :)

Anonymous said...

w00t! Nice place.

Just said...

Just glad yall got it ... looks very nice , and now you don't have to drive so far everyday Yea!!!! That is one epic garage .... happy for yall !

Planetx_123 said...

looks nice and congrats!

Steve

Unknown said...

Hello Peter,
This is my first comment on your blog. I think you gave us a very nice tour of the new house. It looks like you will have lots of room. I am curius about your use of the Titanic as your opening icon.
Does it convey an idea about your life? Anyway, I enjoyed today's post and look forward to more.
--carlitos

Timmy Abbros said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the fishes.

Anonymous said...

nice place, Peter, thanks for sharing. The other fish seems to me to be a goldfish too.
Hugs
Oliver

Anonymous said...

Peter, if you have time, you should change the color in your room, it's definitively too dark there!
Hugs Oliver again

Anonymous said...

those fish are called "Koi" theyre a kind of goldfish i suppose, pretty sure the big one is a butterfly koi tho :P -Lunty