Well I unofficially have a job!
Dad came home the other day and told me he found a job for me. He told me that he was at the post office and the guy who cleans our church approached him and told him he'll be resigning at the end of September because he can't keep up with all his other jobs (he does a lot of stuff for the city). So that job will be open at the end of the month.
I've actually been after this job since last year. The guy never did that great of a job since he did have a lot on his plate.
Anyway, the job doesn't pay that much but it is a lot more than what I make now :P The current salary (which hasn't been raised in years) is $150some a month, but Dad says he can probably get it up to around $200. If I get the job then I'd have to go in once a week (Fri. or Sat.) and do general cleaning. In the winter I'll have to do snow removal (which Dad and I were doing anyway).
Dad has to take everything to the Session next Sunday during their monthly meeting.
4 comments:
Young guys who work for their money gets them some respect. As a teen I worked at any spare-time job I could get to make some extra money. I saved up for a motorcycle which greatly expanded my freedom. Or are you taking that job to check up on Alex? (you can't fool an old gay guy like me lol) bfn - Wayne :)
My dad got me a jog doing janitorial work at an air force base for two summers for $1.92/hour.
I heard a lot of war stories. The officers latrine was interesting. The stalls had posters on all 4 walls to make it look like you were sitting in an F102 cockpit.
Maybe your preachers john looks like you're walking on water?
Good news and congrats, and good luck.
Does your school have students who need a tutor? Many people get to college with poor writing skills. You could advertise as a proof reader, copy editor, writing tutor. That is usually 15 to 20/ hr. But Student Services can tell you how it works there. And maybe someone needs tutoring in those bonehead classes you are testing out of. Many college jobs are like 10 hrs a week.
steevo
.
Post a Comment