Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pets!

Okay, this is kinda a random post, but meh w/e.

Casper:


Lucky:


Chessie:

(She's lazy... and fat...)

Skylar:


Chubbs:

Clyde:


Stubbs:


Joey:


We give out cats strange names don't we? Maybe you could suggest names for the last three? They used to belong to our neighbors (the abusive ones), but they moved and left them behind. Unfortunately we can't bring them inside since we don't know if they have any diseases that could be passed to our other cats. And we don't really have the money to take them to the vets either. But we do feed and water them. They live on our porch so that provides shelter from the rain/snow/falling leaves. We had an old dog house that I brought up onto the porch, and put old pillows inside. They sleep in there, and it provides additional protection from the cold wind, etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Name them after bloggers! Definitely one should be mirrorboy!

Anonymous said...

Love your family of pets - don't change the names you have already - they have a very personal feel about them. I often wondered about your neighbours and can clearly remember your posts and the concern you had for thier pets welfare and up until you posted the tally of your pets did I finally work out how that whole episode finally panned out.
I'm down to one old dog - my last cat was called Lucky like yours - found him as a stray kitten - my dog and I reared him so he was luckey but saddly he was run over but thank goodness he had almost 2 very happy years. Both my dog [who he thought was his mum] and I miss him heaps. Sorry for the ramble but it always gets me going when I see pet related posts.
Kindest regards Stef.

Anonymous said...

No suggestions for names, but thanks for your families's humanity.

naturgesetz said...

Smoky, Snow Tiger, and Panther.

Thanks for the pics.

Captastro said...

Over the years, cats who have shared their lives with me: Felix, Oscar and Dexter. I named all but the first. Dexter picked me at the humane society and took me home with him. :) We spent 17 years together.