Since I have nothing really current to blog about except if anything exciting happens during Youth Club or something, I've been thinking about telling the story of my life... like an autobiography of things that have happened up until the present day. I did this on my old blog, and those posts are still there, but I didn't really go in depth a whole lot. So I may start that in a few days (starting of course with my rather exciting birth (tho I don't remember it :p)).
In other news, I mentioned a lady in my last post that goes to our church, Betty, who isn't doing too good right now. She's battled cancer on and off for something like the last 7 years. She went in for an operation a month or so ago (I can't remember what for exactly), but ended up having two more operations.
She's deteriorated a lot since then. Dad and I went in there (the hospital) at the beginning of last week. She was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The doctor had just given her something so she was kinda out of it. She could barely talk or even keep her eyes open. She was also all bloated... even her hands were...
Then Friday I think, we got a call from her friend saying that Betty was "giving up and is ready to go." She also requested that Dad go up as soon as he could. So we both went up. I stayed in the waiting room. When Dad came down he said, "Things like that are what remind me I don't need to retire." He said she had labored breathing (only averaging 5 breaths per minute), and she was out of it; he said he doubted she knew he was there. He also said that the doctors didn't expect her to last the rest of the day. So we went home and just were anticipating a phone call any minute.
I sent everyone I thought would want to know a text telling of her condition. I sent one to Alex too so he could relay it to his mother. To my *GREAT surprise* he actually sent one back :O Albeit, 4 hours later asking if there was any news.
Well, no such phone call has came yet. However, no improvement has come either...
Also, Alex is sick... again... He was sick two weeks ago too. Well, maybe if he wasn't out playing football everyday in short sleeves with the temperature at 50F/10C and cold winds...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
4 comments:
bah, its ok to be out in shorts and a t-shirt in that weather if he is playing sports...it's probably from kissing boys
@ Anon:
LOL! I wish you were right :p
It's very sad to hear the news about Betty - it is a really nice gesture of you and your father to be there for her - I'm certain she would certainly appreciate it heaps.
Looking forward to hearing a bit more about your life.
Hope school is going OK.
Kindest regards Stef.
Peter
good thing youdont keep a eye on him any more :P Also sorry to hear about Betty cancer is a terrible thing
take care and be safe
bob
Post a Comment