Last night at Youth Club (YC for short) I continued being friendly towards Alex. Giving him the cold shoulder was a dumb (and childish) move on my part. It's nice to actually talk to him again. Although we don't really talk about anything, just whatever is happening at that time.
I was sitting in the sanctuary alone (texting Tyler) last night while the other kids were playing a (noisy) game. He came in and said, "I hate children." I used to say that exact same thing all the time (still do sometimes). He came in later and said the same thing lol. I say that line (and "I don't like children/kids) because I don't like it when people assume I'm getting married and having kids.
For those of you who are worried that I'm going to slump into the same place I was a year ago: Well, I hope I won't. I feel I'm over him emotionally to not obsess over him anymore. So don't worry.
As for the "Derrick" part of the title:
For those that don't remember, Derrick was my best friend for the last few years that I went to school with him. We knew each other pretty much for years before that cos my mom and his grandmother worked together, and were friends. His birthday is also the day after mine. I went over to his house a few times. There I learned how to play poker, and had my first encounter with pornography when we were there alone.
The summer Mom and I moved away, Derrick came to spend the night at my new place. He and I stayed up late downstairs while Mom slept upstairs. Naturally, the topic of sex and stuff came up, and we ended up masturbating; however we were both under covers.
Living an hour+ apart, it was hard to keep in touch then, and we eventually lost contact. Then last year I ran into his mom at the local store. I gave her my cell phone number, and Derrick texted me later that day. Then we connected through Facebook. We kept saying we'd meet up "soon" but nothing ever came out of it.
Last Wednesday, he sent me a message through Facebook saying, "Happy Birthday man!"
Then, last Thursday I went up to the school to do a State Assessment. I ran into him in the hallway (not literally :p). The school was in between periods, so he was going to his next class and couldn't really stop to talk (we were going opposite ways). He saw me first and shouted, "Peter! Good to see you man! Happy Birthday!" I shouted back, "Thanks, same to you!"
Later that evening I sent him a message back on facebook thanking him for the happy birthday message and wishing him a happy birthday again. The next day he sent a thank you message back and also said, "... we gotta hang out soon before school ends and college starts."
So, I debated it awhile then sent a message back asking, "How's this weekend?" (that would be the 8th, 9th, or 10th) He messaged back saying he'll let me know.
Now....
Happy birthday to my blog which turned 1 year old yesterday :)
So, time for thank yous:
Naturgesetz: Thanks for being a great friend, and a virtual father figure to me. I look forward to your comments more than anyone else.
Tyler: You've been my best online friend for the past couple months. We talk every single day, sometimes all day long. Even though we argue about something almost everyday :p
Mirrorboy: Your blog was the first one I found. I discovered it while looking for porn lol, but I found something better instead. Finding your blog opened up a whole new world for me; a world with other gay/bi people in it who can talk and share things they'd never tell anyone in their own lives. You also inspired me to start my own blog, which has helped get things off my chest that would otherwise be locked inside me. So, thank you :)
Aahsazyl/Matt (even tho you aren't around anymore): Thanks for helping me come out of my shell a little bit. Before talking to you I would rarely talk on the phone, and I would be really afraid of how others viewed me. Probably minor social anxiety. But since you got me to talk on Skype, I talk on the phone without being afraid (if that's the right word), and I even have a webcam now! Which is a really big difference from a year ago.
Steevo, Mr. HCI, and probably some others: Thanks for putting up with me since the beginning :)
And to everyone else: Thanks for reading and commenting :)
There are other people who are important to me I wanted to single out; like Bob, Courage, and Torchy!; but I just couldn't figure out what to say exactly. Sorry lol
Thank you everyone!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
7 comments:
peter
hey you said enough and ienjoy being out here and reaing you blog
happy day and hope it continue for another year
take care and be safe
bob
aww Petey, i got a mention. wow that's really... oh. er, i forgot what i was gonna say.
j/k. it's good to know you Pete and to follow your story. you're a great guy and you'll go far.
(although i have to say i was a bit shocked this arvo by your tweet revealing that you and your Dad wank together. but hey ho, if that's what float your boat... :O)
happy birthday gayboyfroma!
and yeah, that's how i discovered blogland - searching for porn. (tbh it probably applies to us all!)
all the best
torchy!
Awww, Peter. You don't know how good that makes me feel.
You know I really want you to be happy. And I'd hate to see you back on the emotional roller coaster. So I'm glad you feel that you're sufficiently over Alex to be just friends with him. And that's great about Derrick. I hope he'll follow through on your suggestion of hanging out. Keep us posted.
And Happy Birthday to your blog!
aww, how nice :D
if ur lucky, maybe u can wank it with ur friend again :P
Well thanks for the mention haha
since your blog is turning one that means that mine will be soon :) but anyway congrats.
About being on an emotional roller coaster: it's part of life, it's part of growing up and while it may not be fun, it teaches you some valuable lessons. So if you don't go thru stuff like that now you could end up lacking relationship skills in the future. So I'm glad you're making an effort to be friends with Alex again.
And again congrats for turning one and for mentioning me again. You've been a really good friend for the last year :)
Peterrr
Happy birthday-blog-thing :D
I was amazed at that thing you did with the salt :P
1 year.. congrats.
You weren't THAT difficult to put up with...
wink wink wink
s
Post a Comment