Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Panic Attacks

I was reading Tyler's most recent posts about him feeling overwhelmed and stuff. I think he ended up having a panic attack. You can read all about that on his blog.

Anyway, that got me thinking...

I am a fan of The Sopranos. The main character, Tony Soprano, has panic attacks throughout the first few seasons, and he has to see a psychiatrist for it. Seeing it happen on TV and reading about it on Tyler's blog got me thinking of something that happened a few years ago.

It was when I was in 8th grade I think (not too sure). I was in the bathroom of our townhouse. It was a weekend so I was home alone while Mom was with her BF. I don't remember what I was doing when it started, but I suddenly became really dizzy and had spots in my field of vision. I turned to exit the bathroom in an attempt to make it to my bedroom which was right across the hall. I had just turned when the dizziness became too much; my head was starting to get really fuzzy and my feet felt like they had fallen asleep. I fell over, grabbing the towel rack as I went down. The towel rack pulled completely out of the wall. I had blacked out before I hit the floor. I had just fainted. Less than a minute after hitting the floor I "woke up" and was shaking and trembling, and was also very cold.

It had happened before that a few times and I think maybe a couple after, but that is the one I remember the best. I've never told anyone about that until now; not even my parents.

...

Blah... It's 1am and I can't remember what the point of this post is -_-

Oh well lol

I'm off to bed.

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night"
- The Truman Show

1 comment:

BB said...

Love the Truman show quote! and I actually know the feeling. I passed out 9 times in 18 months freshman year of college and the doctors couldn't figure out why. I figure it was stress from living a double life.