Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Decision:

A little while ago I told you that Mom is looking for a house closer to her job. If she finds one it'll also be closer to the college I'll be going to in the fall. In that post, I said that living closer to the school is the only advantage to moving back with her.

Well...

I was sitting outside this evening thinking about things, and I've decided what I'll do: If she finds a place (she's going to look at one later this week), I will move back in with her.

Why?

  • It'll be a new environment
  • It'll be closer to any new friends I'll make at college
  • It won't be a problem coming back here on the weekends or something
  • It will help get me off the rollercoaster ride I've been stuck on for 2 or 3 years (I've lost track)

So there you have it.

11 comments:

MartininBroda said...

This sounds reasonable, good luck :-)

cvn70 said...

Peter

You know what you have and you can always move back in there i would hope

good luck with all the changes upcoming in your life

take care and be safe

bob

Anonymous said...

i always say follow your heart no one esle's

wayner said...

You are leaving the old high school life behind and starting a new educational phase this fall so now is as good a time as any for change. What do you have to lose? Keep in mind that you should accomodate and get along with your mother after moving in. Is your dad ok with it or will he feel put out? But you are right if you feel that you are in a rut and you want change. And maybe some new opportunities in your social life. No sense flogging a dead horse. bfn - Wayne :)

naturgesetz said...

What you say makes great sense to me.

It's good that you're on good terms with both your parents, and they seem to be on reasonably good terms with each other. So it shouldn't be a problem.

I think the change of environment is a good idea nder these circumstances.

Lightning Baltimore said...

Why not live in a dorm? Part of the college experience is getting out from under the family and off on your own. Please forgive me if you already addressed this before.

Peter said...

@ Lightning Baltimore:

I'll be going to a community college. No dorms

Lightning Baltimore said...

Aha! That makes sense!

Anonymous said...

Titanic on land:
http://newslite.tv/2010/06/24/16m-replica-titanic-built-as-h.html#more

Jason Shaw said...

Perfectly thought out, makes perfect sense.

Good luck.

x

Planetx_123 said...

Im still catching up with old posts. I think this is a really good choice. One of those things that might be hard at first (giggle) but will probably be for the best in the end.

Woot! One step closer to reading the "so I went on my first date" post :-)

Much Love,
Steve