(like the new header?)
Ok, so I guess there's a lot of concern about my last post. People think I'm unwillingly outing myself and all that stuff.
Well...
I did write that knowing full well that the professor *may* read it (not aloud). But, the whole journal is 21 pages long and the excerpts I posted are buried beween a bunch of other random garbage.
I think it is unlikely the professor is going to read my whole 21 page journal when he's got a lot of others. Also, grammar and form do not matter so he's not even going to look that closely at them. I think he's only looking to see if we have 21 pages.
Also, he certainly isn't going to read it out loud in class. And there is no way it is going to make it back to my Dad or anyone else.
Third, I know this professor is gay-friendly based on stuff he said during class once. He's also a very liberal guy.
So while I don't think there is any risk involved in writing that, I don't think there will be any bad consequences.
Oh and by the way, I turned it in on Thursday so it's too late now anyway :P
If I do get outed, as one commenter said, it's time
7 comments:
First I like the new header & 2nd good luck with it :) really
I like your new header.
Keep up writing, your grades depend on it.
The new header? That's not the Titanic........!!!!! LOL
Maybe it's a sign atht, rather than obsession weith disaster, you're looking forward to some plain sailing in the future.....????
Sorry to abuse the metaphor!
And best of luck in college. You'll do just fine!
Hugs
Adi
See where it goes; maybe the prof will be ok about it. bfn - Wayne :)
ok, Peter, maybe I was somewhat too concerned in my comments. It's just the circomstances you described living in (i.e.your father's job and his attitude toward gays) that makes me fear that a public coming out - although overdue - would turn into a most difficult situation for you if not prepared, at least with your dad and mom. Which is certainly the hardest but necessary part.
Anyways, even if your teacher is as you described, I would guess that there is a chance he would notice your buried remarks. English teacher know reading papers in "overfly" and pick out interesting parts. They are trained to this. I mean, you should tell him that you wrote "for your eyes only". He should understand.
Unless you are trying to shoot a torpedo into the dark sea and see what will happen: that would be another story.
Like your new pic header very much, Titanic was somewhat pessimistic, knowing the outcome. Now, cruise to sunshine!!
HUGS!!
Oliver
I think you should continue on this brazen path ;-) I mean if you concede that people will find out that you're gay eventually, then you might as well get it over with sooner rather than later (given the same consequences).
I'm really proud? of you-- I dont know if proud is the right word, but i actually hope he reads it and reaches out to you. I had some really cool profs that became friends that were all really good things in my college life.
Much Love,
steve
Greetings Peter,
es I do like the new header.
I do hope you are right about your evaluation of your professor, and that he will not read the 'sensitive portions' to the class. That would be a disaster.
Having been a teacher many years myself, I do think the professor will treat your information with respect and proper consideration.
Good luck amigo,
--carlitos
Post a Comment