Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Physics Class / More Plans with James

For college I need to take one physical science elective and one social science elective. For the social science elective I chose to take American National Government and for the physical science elective I first chose to take Forensics Science which is a course for non-science majors. However, my brain got in the way and I changed the physical science elective to Physics because I never had it in high school. So then I had to take the Physics class this summer because it didn't fit into my fall schedule.

Well, we're three weeks in already and I'm considering dropping the class and going back to Forensics Science. Why allow a class I DON'T NEED to drag down my overall GPA (grade point average)? I've run this all by my dad already and he says he'd either drop the course or knuckle down and study hard. Well we had our first test yesterday which I studied hard for and memorized all the formulas. I don't think I did well (I'm naturally pessimistic).

So I think I'll wait and see how I did on the test before deciding if I should stick with it or just jump ship. The class will only get harder :\



Anywho, onto something more enjoyable... :P



James and I have both said we really enjoyed Saturday night and we can't wait to see each other again. We were planning on meeting today for lunch and shopping (I desperately need new clothes). Yesterday, however, his mom told him he needed to take his grandfather to a doctors appointment today. So he asked me if Friday would be a better day. Of course it would be a much better day since neither of us has to worry about class the next day. So I asked what, if anything, he wanted to do other than meet for lunch, which is all we were planing to do. He said he'd have to think about it.

We'll we've thought about it and decided that we're going to meet at the large shopping center like we originally planned except we'll meet a little later on in the day. We'll do stuff there for a bit, then he's going to follow me to my mom's house. We're going to order pizza and watch movies all night. And yes, he'll be spending the night as well.

I asked him who is going to sleep on the couch. His response, "lol well I can if you really want :) Or we could cuddle and fall asleep, that's ok too... Whatever you're comfortable with, I'm comfortable with :)"

Hehe so we'll see :P


Now before you guys get any dirty thoughts, please remember that both James and I have already said we're not really that interested in sex, so I'm sure nothing like that will be happening. As Naturgesetz says, I won't be doing anything he wouldn't do.

Oh and we're still just friends, by the way.

:)

4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Good thinking about Physics.

And Friday should be good. :)

Anonymous said...

Good idea to take the Physics; more practical for the real world. Simply a matter of working at it and practice. As for GPA I remember a guy on our crew listening to us talk about the 80s and 90s we got in school and he said he averaged 70 and his paycheck is the same as ours lol.
-So you guys are not that interested in sex; yeah and submarines have screen doors too. He's giving you enough hints. Don't let fear and guilt ruin the joy of sex. Sex is supposed to be playful and fun and guilt-free, and that goes for homosexuals too. See where your friendship goes. bfn - Wayne :)

naturgesetz said...

I've been thinking a bit more about the Physics course. It's a great thing that you decided to take a course for the simple benefit of learning. That is the philosophy behind what has been called a liberal education. (Not liberal in the political sense, but in the sense of what befits a free person.) So you can be very proud of yourself for that decision; and I admire you for it.

That said, in your situation GPA matters for further education. It can be a factor for getting into a better 4-year college if you continue. Wayne is right that after you finish your formal education GPA doesn't really matter (except maybe slightly in your first hire), but it definitely matters for admission to further educational programs and institutions.

I hope the results on the test will help clarify your decision.

dccised said...

everyone is always interested in sex