Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What the fuck?

Remember Chris, the guy from the GYC?

We haven't talked in a few weeks so I texted him yesterday to try and rekindle the friendship which started off so well. Here's what happened:

Me: Hi

Chris: Who's thiss??

Me: Peter lol

Chris: Idk any peters. wrong number

Me: Well this is the number I used to text you on sooo....

????: Text who on?

Me: You, Chris...

????: Um noo this is Even dude you got the wrong number!!

Me: Ok....



So... Yeah... Idk...

One thing to note is that the guy said his name is "Even" not Evan. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of anyone named Even. Maybe it's just a simple spelling error.

Anyway so I really don't know what to think. I checked the GYC and Chris hasn't logged on there in a week. He used to be on every day. I sent a message on there to another one of Chris's friends to see if they knew anything and if they have his number just in case it somehow got screwed up in my phone (which is unlikely). I don't know why he would lie and say it's someone else though...

Well, if that other guy gives me Chris's number and it's the same as the one in my phone then I guess I'll know he was lying yesterday.

*sigh*


Anyway, I'm off to the dentist.

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

If you get his number and it's the one you tried to call, is there any way you can be sure you entered it correctly when you reached "Even?"

Obviously, if the number is different, you can try again. If it's the same, unless you think you may have entered it wrong, there's no point in trying again. If you do try again, you could still get "Even."

But the bigger picture is that he hasn't gotten in touch with you for over a month. Maybe he's just a procrastinator, like me. Or maybe he's just not that interested. It stinks not being sure.

I hope everything came out okay at the dentist's.

Anonymous said...

Hey it's almost summertime and other opportunities await. Maybe some wires got crossed but if it is Chris he should have some class and let you know if he is seeing someone else. I'm sure there must be lots of gay guys 17-21 who would be interested in a fit guy like you. Get out and around. bfn - Wayne :)

J said...

If it doesn't pan out, don't waste your time worrying about it.

Anonymous said...

can't get Chris out of your head, Peter? Chris did, apparently.
Maybe he was a fake, some awful old vicious who don't want to continue. Forget him.
HUGS
Olivier

Aahsazyl said...

aaah paranoid as always my dear peter :)