On my "news flash" post about the Prop. 8 ruling a debate sprang up between a few people about gay marriage. I think everyone already knows the arguments but if you want to know the arguments about this specific debate on my blog feel free to go read the comments.
To those involved in the argument and everyone else, just watch the first minute of this clip to find out why it was ruled unconstitutional. If you want, continue watching to hear excerpts from the judge's ruling.
From The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC:
2 comments:
It doesn't matter how logical and correct your argument is in support of gay marriage on a constitutional basis; you will get back convoluted reasonings and Bible pounding from the religious fundamentalists and the far right. It is bullying pure and simple; people who want to elevate themselves over others. Time will pass and they will become irrelevant, just as are people who were against inter-racial marriage. And the newswoman is absolutely correct; you don't vote on rights that are universally given in the constitution; this is to prevent the tyranny of the majority over the minority. Committed homosexuals are rightly outraged at being treated as second class citizens; they work, pay taxes and live and love like everyone else. Their commitment deserves EQUAL recognition in MARRIAGE as str8 people take for granted. This is about RESPECT. I told you that I am a 60yr old gay guy, and I deeply resent the way I was made to feel by str8 society for most of my life. Well FUCK YOU. We're here, we're homosexual, and we are getting MARRIED. bfn - Wayne :)
thank you for posting that video. I saw her for the first time.
Post a Comment