Also Saturday I had to take two of the cats the neighbors had left behind and dump them off near the home of a lady who works for the PSPCA. She houses animals she rescues until she takes them to a proper shelter. Every shelter in our region is over capacity and so is our house. We would have had to wait until Christmas time before the humane societies were able to take in anymore cats (that's crazy!) The one cat already gave birth months ago and is pregnant again, and the other one is pregnant too. We couldn't have any more cats in our house and we couldn't take them anywhere so I was forced to take them out there in the middle of the night and let them loose with the hope that they would wander over to that lady's house.
They were outside cats so they can take care of themselves in the wild, but they were pregnant...
Ugh I feel bad about doing it, but I had to...
*sigh*
Now we have 1 dog and 8(!) cats. Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of a few more soon (by using more humane means).
7 comments:
:( its nice that you actually care and do something about these animals, but its just so heart breaking when u cant save them all, and condolences, at least the dog didn't suffer a painful death. hope this didn't get you too down Peter, you did the best you could. <3
I'm sorry Peter I know how sad it is when a pet goes but he'll be in a better place chasing his tail around and around for eternity ... well, maybe he'll be able to catch it there, who knows
I just don't know why people don't fix their pets! Wish you had more options there, but sounds like your shelters are like so many others. It is so sad so many good animals and not enough places to care for them. I am extremely sorry you had to put down your dog.Peter hang in there. Nothing wrong with grieving over a animal. My dog is my family!! To lose him would damn sure be a blow to me. Wishing your peace and comfort !!!
Lee
It looks as if Chubbs is also sitting rather strangely, on his left hip, rather than his rump. Well, whether or not that had anything to do with it, it's so sad to lose a pet, so you have my condolences.
The cats illustrate an important lesson, namely, that we can't take care of everything. But even though we know it's true, it can be hard to accept when we come up against the situation we can't make better. You wish you could have done more, but there are limits, and you did the best you could. Good for you.
Sigh, when will potential pet owners realize that getting a pet means a commitment for many years and some vet bills too. Out-of-control cats can quickly breed a population explosion. (in the old days it was common practice to put a litter of kittens into a bag with some rocks and throw it into the river) But you can feel good that you looked after your dog and gave him a merciful passing.
-So enjoy the rest of your summer and look forward to new opportunities this fall. bfn - Wayne :)
Someone once told me you can tell what's in a persons heart from the way they treat animals. In my own life I've seen this is true. People who are kind and gentle to animals are more likely to be good people to be around. People who are mean and abusive to animals are the types of people to avoid.
Peter you did the best you could for your pets and animal friends. Your kindness towards animals tells me a lot about what's in your heart. You did the best you could do and that's all anybody can ask of you. I'd be proud to call you my friend.
{{hugs}}
Andy
Someone once told me you can tell what's in a persons heart from the way they treat animals. In my own life I've seen this is true. People who are kind and gentle to animals are more likely to be good people to be around. People who are mean and abusive to animals are the types of people to avoid.
Peter you did the best you could for your pets and animal friends. Your kindness towards animals tells me a lot about what's in your heart. You did the best you could do and that's all anybody can ask of you. I'd be proud to call you my friend.
{{hugs}}
Andy
Post a Comment