It was a small group meeting with an academic counselor and me and a few other students. The counselor went through a powerpoint and explained to us how to do our schedule. By the way, I previously said I am going to major in Criminology, but now I've changed it back to my original idea of majoring in Architectural Design and Drafting with CADD (Computer Aided Drafting and Design). I'm definitely going with this one because I know I like doing things like this. I mean, I'm building a 3D model of the Titanic for no reason!
Here are the classes I have to take for this major:

The counselor gave us a big packet with all the classes listed and their available days and times. From that we had to create our schedule. Mine looks like this:

After that was done, we had to fill out a registration paper and take it to a lady who entered all the information into a computer. She printed this paper out:

Circled in red is the tuition cost for the first semester that has to be paid by Aug. 6. That does not include the cost for books. I applied for financial aid (FAFSA) today. I'm eligible for a Pell Grant of up to $5,000, plus other scholarships and of course loans.
After the registration information was entered into the computer, I had to go get my picture taken for my ID card. I'm not going to share that with you :p After that was done we were free to go home.
Oh, there was this cute guy in the group with me. He's majoring in machine drafting or something like that. Since that's similar to my major we may have some classes together or something :)
6 comments:
OMG I took a Drafting class in high school it was soooo hard!!!! Lol
Good luck!
Yeah, I remember my first day in Tech school taking civil technology. The students drifted into class one by one and then HE walked in. Same height as me 5'-8, slim, long dark curly hair, big dark eyes and turned-up nose. He was 19 but could have passed for 14 and very cute, and he always wore sprayed-on pants. He possessed the world's most beautiful and perfect male ass. In drafting class, he sat on the stool in front of me and I found it difficult to take my eyes off that impossibly cute ass wiggling around on that stool. I was completely in love (obsessed)with him for the whole 2 years and I would have drunk his bathwater. Unfortunately I eventually found out he was straight (every gay guy acted straight back then!); what a waste! But it sure made school something to look forward to. So Peter, I do know how you feel. bfn - Wayne :)
how do you expect to be remotely succesful or get a remotely desent job with a community college degree?
and why would you circle and put arrows around the price? people will notice how cheap it is on there own
@ Anonymous
First of all, I have the option to transfer to a university to become a full architect if I wish.
Second, the career I'm going for doesn't even have degree programs at 4 year institutions!
Third, maybe I can't afford to go to a university?
Fourth, I'd like to know where you went to school. Judging by your spelling it probably wasn't a university. If you never went to college or aren't even out of high school yet then you really have no room to talk...
I wish you well with the course!
Looks like a good beginning.
Nice to have three afternoons free for homework. :P
Post a Comment