Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Guess who came to see me today!

Ok so like I said in my last post, I sent Alex a text message saying, "Happy birthday Alex :)" at midnight. Of course I didn't expect a reply because if you've been reading for awhile you know Alex doesn't reply to my messages too often :p).

Later on today I was sitting outside while Dad did some yard work. I saw Alex ride off on his bike out towards his friend's house or his grandmother's house (they both live on the same street). A few minutes later he came back. I watched him ride down his sidewalk. I saw him look at me as I looked at him; usually I'd break eye contact right away but I kept it this time :p

To my surprise he came right over. I was on the stoop and Dad was beside the stoop pulling weeds out of the flowerbed. Alex stopped on his bike about halfway down the sidewalk about 10 feet away.

He said, "Really? You had to send that text at midnight?" lol. I told him that I stayed up just for that :p but Dad told him that I stayed up to watch the primary election results.... Thanks Dad...

Alex told me that he passed his driver's permit test so now he can drive with an adult, and after Dad mentioned the primary he said how bad the political ads on TV got the last few days. Then there was an awkward pause for a few seconds and he said "See ya" and left.

I was very happy that he came over even if it was for 5 minutes :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave - James Horner - Titanic


3 comments:

wayner said...

I've been hinting to you enough times to do some bike riding; great exercise and you might meet some guys (including Alex). If you want to spend the bucks, there are jump bikes, cross country bikes, mountain trail, and freeride and downhill bikes if you're really into it. I heavily modified my Cannondale Perp freeride bike and it is unbelievable where I can go on the thing and what I can do. A fantastic freedom machine and a lot of young guys are into it. Buy a skateboard style bike helmet like Giro; has more of a military look. The more you ride the better you get. bfn - Wayne :)

naturgesetz said...

That was a nice little conversation. Stay cool.

I agree with Wayne that getting out and about is a good idea. It does give you the chance to meet people as well as just being a change of pace. Biking is good in a number of ways.

Based on all the history, I would have any great expectations regarding Alex, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to know you.

Anonymous said...

*cough* tent *cough* camping *cough*

excuse me I need to go find the robitussin