Sunday, May 2, 2010

Prom

Prom was.... meh...

I met Amanda at her grandmother's house so I could meet her mother and get pictures taken. Her uncle, brother and his girlfriend were also there. Right before I got in the car to leave, her brother shouted at Amanda, "Don't forget you're engaged and are getting married!" She says he's protective of her.

When we got there, most everyone was outside waiting to get in. My mom was there to take pictures for the yearbook so Amanda got to meet her. Everyone was waiting in line for Grand March. For Grand March, each couple had to write their names on a piece of paper for the announcer to introduce them to the crowd of parents waiting outside. We had to walk out onto a porch and to the top of some steps. There we had to stop and get our picture taken by the professional photographer and Mom at the bottom of the steps. Then we walked down the steps and waited for the Prom Court to be announced and then find out who won king and queen.

I used to like the girl who won queen :p After Grand March we could go back inside and have dinner.


There was a choice of stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn; or lasagna, stuffed shells, and shrimp alfredo, and green beans. I got the latter.



There was also pudding, cherry cheesecake, or lemon meringue pie for dessert; I got the cheesecake.



The dancing started after dinner. Amanda and I danced the first slow dance. There was a guy and his girlfriend (the prom queen) dancing near us. He saw me and came over to us and said, "Can I cut in?" I thought he was going to dance with Amanda but he took me instead O_O

He was an old friend of mine and just wanted to say hi in a goofy way :p He smelled nice and I told him so too :p

It got hot pretty quickly inside so luckily we could go outside onto the porch and the surrounding area beside a lake. We stayed outside almost the entire night socializing with other people rather than dancing. I'm not a dancer anyway. A big bug kept attacking the girls which was a highlight of the evening lmao






Prom was over at 10, but we left at 9:45 to avoid the traffic jam that was going to occur in the parking lot. Amanda didn't know of any good parties to go to so I just took her home, and then went home myself.

So the bottom line: Prom wasn't really worth the $128 for a tux, $30 for the corsage, and $20 for the ticket

10 comments:

Nic said...

<4

Planetx_123 said...

Well it never is :-) But it sounds like you had a nice time-- and the story of the guy cutting in to dance with you is AWESOME! I love it! Im making a t-shirt of it!

Ok enough of me--

Much Love,
Steve

torchy! said...

like Steve says, most events you can never really justify the expense of it, but if you think in those terms, you'll always be stuck at home.

seems like you mostly had a good time, and yeh, that guy dancing with you was awesome :)

i wonder if Amanda wanted more.

torchy!

naturgesetz said...

LOL at the guy cutting in and taking you. Sounds like somebody who could be a fun friend. Keep in toluch.

That is a steep price even for shrimp alfredo and cheesecake, but you did make the right choices for dinner. LOL But I agree with the others that you shouldn't really look at the expense that way. It was good that you gave Amanda the chance to go. And it was good that you were part of the event. And it was good that your old friend showed you that he wanted to say hi.

Nice pics. They give a pretty good idea of the place.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a nice time and since you were not expecting or wanting more than that, I count that as a win!

I bet Amanda was happy to have had you along with her!

Seth said...

You had a nice time though, right?

Take this on advice - years from now, you will look back on it and always fondly remember it - for reasons you're too young to understand right now. And I do mean that seriously - cherish any good memories, even the "just ok" ones... for the future.

Just said...

At least you went instead of staying home. Money comes and goes, chances to do such events don't. Thanks for the pictures. I love that you got to dance with your friend. I was disappointed in no Pierogi's on the menu. Hope you have a good week.

Lightning Baltimore said...

I'll bet the strongest memory, years from now, will be the boy asking you to dance. How sweet!

wayner said...

That went well; let's hope Amanda doesn't want to marry you instead! And those people who went to parties are waking up with hangovers and embarassing memories. Maybe summertime, camping and boyfriends coming up? bfn - Wayne :)

Jason Shaw said...

Life is like that sometimes, awesome moments in among some dullness.

Glad you had a mostly good time, and it may not have been worth the money, but if you hadn't gone, you'll have regretted it, maybe not today, but in the future. Believe me, says the guy that didn't go to his school dance! (much like a prom)