So, I am thankful for...
- Blogging
- All the friends I've made from each
Starting a blog is one of the best decisions I've made. A couple years ago I was in love with my best friend who no longer wanted to be friends. It took awhile, but I finally got out of that slump. I couldn't have done it without the help of the many friends I have made on here and continued through Twitter.
So thank you, everyone!
6 comments:
Seems to me you have navigated your shoals with extraordinary grace.
Yeah, the infatuation thing is really hard on the head; that is how the sex drive works and it takes many months to get over it. I remember seeing some of the guys I was infatuated with (in my late teens) in later years, and I think WTF happened to you?! I have aged much more gracefully and I look twice as good. Time has a way of changing things around. The cuteness of youth doesn't last long when time and hormones take over so don't think that you are missing anything. So if your gaydar picks up on anyone in that school, don't forget that charm goes a long way. I give thanks every time I see the sun come up in the morning. bfn - Wayne :)
I'm glad I noticed your blog early on, and it pleases me to think that I may have helped you through that difficult time. Our friendship has been and remains a joy for me.
You're making real progress in maturity. I suppose that's to be expected in a teenager but it's still good to see.
<3
Dude! Get your mom to take you to the Verdi Requiem! http://www.pittsburghsymphony.org/pghsymph.nsf/concert+listings/A273AF751D5161FF8525768B0075ED1F?opendocument
I was checking the Pittsburgh Symphony website to see if the Williams concert had been rescheduled (and apparently it hasn't) and one of the first things I noticed was this. If there are still tickets available, you gotta hear this.
And if you like the Verdi, listen to exerpts from the 1939 recording by RCA with Beniamino Gigli and Enzio Pinza on YouTube. In the recording there is a single cry by Pinza, the basso, that is uttered with such surprise and feeling of loss it will rock your socks off. That is, if you like operatic singing. And if you go, get recordings of the Requiem and C Minor Mass by Mozart, and, perhaps the Beethoven Choral Fantasy.
thanks, Peterboy.
HUGS
Oliver
Post a Comment