"Life is not about getting on a giant hamster wheel and chasing after that dollar that is just out of reach. If you equate life to money, you're dead."
"You mature in three main ways: physically, mentally, and intellectually. You have already matured into adulthood physically; that started at about 13 years of age and continued until you were 16 or 17. Intellectually, you are just starting to mature into adulthood. Good decision making is a learned process. That is why we have laws that say you cannot do this or that until you reach a certain age. Mentally, some of you have matured and some of you haven't. Maturing mentally is when you realize that you are not the center of the universe. It's not about you."
"You should be fluent in your native tongue."
"What you read and watch on television is directly proportional to how well you use your language. Some of you don't read at all, and it's obvious."
All of those were said by my English professor.
Oh, and all is quiet on the home front. I'll be registering for classes this week. I'm taking English II with the same professor next semester :)
7 comments:
Your teacher sounds like an awesome person, tell him that AG said he is cool xD
Great that you can have another semester with him.
:)
You have a wise English prof. I think in this age of digital video that for young people it is easier to watch than to read. Reading quickly and understanding what you are reading is just practice. At 20 I was a good reader, but I can read and scan much faster now than I could then. As for money; the rule is to live within your means and put 10% into long-term savings. Money only buys happiness up until your living expenses are met. Many wealthy people are miserable and would give it all away for real friends and love. bfn - Wayne :)(is your gaydar not working; maybe those closet gays in school have cloaking devices!)
The English language is the most subtle of tongues, because of its vastness. There are so many ways of shading and coloring your expressions. If you truly master it you are rare indeed. A friend of mine went through the Oxford English Dictionary word by word, making notations next to a lot of them. He became a terrific writer, editor and conversationalist. Go for it!
You should be happy to have a teacher who bestows some wisdom upon his students and doesn't just see you as someone he has to struggle with.
I fully agree on the wisdom words of your teacher (could have also been from my favourite teacher D.).
However, I hope he did not state them in a condescending, but in a cautionary and educational way.
Have fun with him next semester. :)
"all is quiet on the home front" guess I've to congrat, Peter.
Or not.
Burried? Waiting for Nothing? As days went by...No bf emerging? Nothing in sight? Hope you're happy, though!:)
HUGS
Oliver
Post a Comment