Friday, March 27, 2009

Bad News: Part II

Just thought I should clarify that the kid I mentioned in my last post died from an aortic aneurysm, according to the county coroner. He did make it to the emergency room, which is about 20 minutes away in an ambulance. He was 14, and an only child.

I would love to link to the funeral home's site where you can leave condolences and view the official obit, but that would give away my location. I can, however, give it out to the few people who know where I live. If you ask of course.

I checked and there are a few comments left on the funeral homes site that say they don't even know the family. So, if you want to leave a condolence or something just ask privately. I was actually surprised that a few of you have actually asked to do this.

Maybe you guys are just weird. lol

As you can probably tell (since I'm making somewhat of a big deal out of it), this is a big thing for our area. I mean, it's not everyday that a kid dies around here.

And it is strange for me to make something out of it since I have a cold heart and all :p

10 comments:

Col said...

It's a very sad thing. My friend died of the same thing. Ok, he was in his thirties (but that's still too young) and left a widow and four children. Btw, I neither think, or believe, that you are cold-hearted.

Take care,
Col

Anonymous said...

I know what my parents went through when my youngest brother died, and they had three children still living. I can't imagine what this boy's parents are facing.

Steevo said...

As an educator of students Alex's age I know what a devastating blow this can be. And it may take a while to happen. I hope the school district has a plan for such events. Most do or should. The point is not whether Alex knew the boy, but death so close is frightful.

Get with Alex if you can or be sure he is not home alone. Share your concerns with your dad. Ask him how to make sure the students at school are being cared for. As a minister he is an automatic community leader whether the family attended his church or not.

Anonymous said...

this is sad my heart is with the family. They will get my prayers. this is more common than you think. I have known three young ones who died of this. It comes from a defective blood vessel that suddenly blows up like a ballon and bursts. Internal bleeding to death occurs before treatment can be given. it is so sad when life seems to be taken prematurely. but life is a temporary thing any way. it isn't long but it's hard.

Mirrorboy said...

Sadness. -_-'

torchy! said...

this is tragic beyond belief for the parents. i don't think it's really appropriate for us (or me anyway) to leave condolences, but that doesn't mean that i'm in any way less sympathetic.

and peter - cold-hearted you are definitely not. :)

torchy!

Seth said...

That's one of those tragic stories of a young life cut short.

ps: Sent via email to you - friendly advice not meant to be creepy LOL.

naturgesetz said...

That is really tragic for his parents.

J said...

The late novelist Norman Mailer made an interesting observation about the assassination of President Kennedy that is true of all untimely deaths. They are like amputations. You still think the lost limb is there, and constantly find yourself reaching out for it. You don't know what the deceased person would have become had he lived, whether success or failure, and that is the great tragedy.
In case you haven't observed it yet, it is the fear that some self-inflicted harm will come to you or one of your friends in the blogosphere that sends so many of your readers to their keyboards to buck you up when you're down. They are forestalling their own phantom pain.

cvn70 said...

peter

it is always sad tohear of a families loss but this is made so worse by the age of the child

i am sure your whole community feels for this family

take care and be safe

bob