I've only told two people I'm doing this. They said I shouldn't, but I am anyway. Since that night where I was really upset (see Gonna Snap post) I have been stewing over whether or not I should tell him what is on my mind. I need to have answers from him. Sorry to say, but the things you are telling me (why you think Alex doesn't want to do things with me anymore) isn't good enough. I need to hear it from him. So I was going to ask him my questions in church, but (as usual) I chicken out. So I have opted to write him a letter instead. I will give it him in church (if I don't chicken out). That's the best I can do.
Oh, and one more thing. It's not like he doesn't want to have anything to do with me. When we are together its like it was before. We talk like we used to, we laugh like we used to. It is almost like nothing is wrong. That's another reason why I want things to be exactly as they were. Except this time I'll keep my hands to myself ;)
So here is the letter:
Alex,
What happened to our friendship? Why have you cut me out of 95% of your life? What is your problem with me that you don’t want to do anything with me anymore? These are questions I have wanted to ask you for awhile now. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to ask when I want to. So, let’s start with where I think the problems started.
I think last summer is where it all started, in the tent to be exact. The things that started in there, I think, are the same things that led to the current problem(s) you seem to have with me. However, (not to place any blame here) it was you who started it. Remember? It was also you who let it escalate from there. I did it because I thought you wanted to do it. Of course, I wanted it also because I liked you.
That’s another thing. You let it continue even after I told you that I’m gay, and that I liked you. That sent more signals to me saying that you, somewhere inside you, had some sort of feelings for me and that you wanted it. Now, I think I've realized that it was just the signals being sent from a horny teenager who was simply exploring his sexuality. Only you know why you let me do it. That is the main thing that I think is what caused our current problem.
I think there might also be another reason. The fact that I can’t play any sports, or get along with any of your other friends is another reason. Therefore, you might possibly see me as boring, or whatever. I have tried to fix that by offering to take you places. That is something that none of your other friends can do. You have not showed any interest in that at all. To me, that’s you saying that you don’t even want to be friends with me like we used to.
I, however, want things back the way they were last year. Truthfully, I miss you….a lot. I asked before if you wanted to do those sexual things that we did before. You said ‘no’. After you telling me no, I’m not going to pressure you into doing it again. So, that should not be a concern for you. Be open to doing other thing and going places with me if you think I’m boring.
Whatever your problem is with me, we can work it out if you want to. If you only want to see me in church like we have been doing for months now, than fine. Just tell me that because not knowing what you want is harder than knowing. If you want to fix things so we can have a normal friendship like we used to have, than great. We really do have to talk about this, whatever your decision is. And I really hope you are taking this seriously. So, what do you want to do? What is your answer to the questions I first asked?
It's a little long, but I was just spelling out my thoughts. After writing that I have a headache. So I'm gonna go watch a loud movie.
8 comments:
It is well written. I recommended against writing, but this is clear and complete enough that it might actually do some good. I hope he responds and one way or another gives you some satisfaction, either by restoring the friendship or by enabling you to accept how things are.
Hi Peter,
Obviously, you're going through a hard time again with regard to Alex. Do what you feel you need to do, and don't let any of us try to tell you otherwise!
If things turn out good... GREAT!
If things don't turn out so good... We'll be here for you if you need us!
Good luck and take care,
Col
Peter, I wouldn't send it. It would be better for you to wait for a decent opportunity to speak to him directly. You never know where your letter will end up, and he may think that by writing it you are putting too much pressure on him. I know this is hard, but bide your time. If he wants it he will give you a sign.
I'm not sending it to him. I'm giving it to him in church like i already said.
And I can't speak to him. I chicken out every time. That's why I wrote it.
i dont really know the history here im afraid so i cant really say whether you should send a letter or not.
as it stands i'd be inclined to reword it a bit as perhaps it might be intepreted as being a bit demanding, eg you say we need to talk about this, but the reality is that its you who needs to. he may be just happy with the way things are and be blissfully unaware that youre burning up.
either way i really hope things turn out well for you peter :)
torchy!
Als Naturgesetz habt gesagt... I wouldn't send it either. Written things tend to hang around... and hang around in guy's pockets... and get discovered my moms doing laundry... which is why a face-to-face conversation would be better. That would actually give YOU the better position since he'd be able to read the emotions in your face.
But Peter, try to remember and understand that the period of our lives you and I are in, and J too, are times of flux and change, and people drifting into and out of our lives. Nothing is staying "just like it was." I know guys I went to school with for twelve years and when I see them at breaks it's as if I never knew them because everyone has changed so much. It's hard sometimes, but it's part of life it seems.
Hugs lil' Bro,
Josh
Crap . . . gotta get to work. My advice: don't send it. I did the same thing with my obsession, Tommy. The letter freaked the shit out of him and things immediately got much, much worse. It's been 17 years and he still wants nothing to do with me (he ignored my FaceBook friend request a coupla months ago).
Peter I'm proud of you for being able to put all of those things down in writing. For my two cents - I would give it to him, but I would leave out everything in between the first and last paragraphs - what really matters, and what you really want more than anything - is to sit down and talk about all the stuff in between. A heartfelt request to really work things out is hard to resist. But putting those tough topics on the table might freak him out. I'm not suggesting you don't deal with them - but get him to the discussion first by making him understand what you really want, which is to have your friend back.
Also - remember that opinions are like a**holes - everyone has one and most of them stink. Just find one that works for you :-)
Post a Comment