Saturday, March 28, 2009

TXT MSGs

Tomorrow we are having a dinner at church. It's a Lent/Easter thing. Anywho, afterwords there is an Easter egg hunt for the kids. I usually get the privilege of hiding the eggs. Last year Alex stayed behind with me and helped hide them. After this whole thing with the letter (I still haven't head back from him on that yet BTW), I didn't know if he would want to help or not. Dad asked if Alex and I were going to do it again. So I decided to send Alex a text message to find out (TXT MSG is short for text message if you didn't already know that).

Me: " Can you stay after church and help hide eggs?"

To my amazement, he actually responded!

Alex: "I don't know. I'll find out and let you know."

A few minutes later,

"Can you give me a ride home?"

Me: "Of course."

Alex: " Ok then, I can stay."

:D :D :D :D ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Then we trade a couple more msgs about the hockey game. I guess he wasn't home and he wanted me to relay the score to him occasionally.

The Pittsburgh Penguins won!! My brother probably won't be happy tonight. He loves the team the Pens played, the New York Rangers.

BTW, if you have a link to me, but I don't link to you, just leave me a comment and I will link you. I notice several blogs that have links to me, but I don't have links to them. Silly me, I always leave that blog forgetting to copy the URL. Then I can never find my way back to it again :p

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Well, that's good. Presumably he read the letter, and he didn't say no to the easter eggs. He was willing to, just needed to check with his mom or somebody.

Doesn't necessarily mean you'll be back to the way things were a year ago, but if the activity is one that really interests him, it seems he'll do it.

Steevo said...

So yay... BUT... can you be super kewl and not even mention the letter within the first 20 minutes tomorrow? Just say something like, "It's fun hiding the Easter eggs w/ you, Alex. Thanks for helping me." THEN SHUT THE F**K UP FOR A WHILE. Just let silence happen. Smile at him. Then talk sports, weather, Easter break plans, whatever. See if he brings the letter up at all. Or not. LOL

Lotta guys need time... and lots of it. MHO of course.

But DO NOT ignore the boy's death at his school. Acknowledge it if only briefly and perhaps tell him something like, "Hey, if I were you I'd be pretty upset. You can always talk to me if you want to. Maybe I won't have many answers, but I do have two ears. I've heard that this kinda stuff can effect us for a long time and talking about it often helps"

steevo in cali
.
.

J said...

I would't be too solicitous. You don't need to come on too strong. He knows how you feel, and needs time to ease into it.

Seth said...

you're missing a link to the fabulous Sethboyardee!! *pout*

:)

sethboyardee.blogspot.com so u don't have to copy it from anywhere

*hugs*

Col said...

Great advice from Steevo, J and NG. At least he's still talking to you lol, and willng to do things with you... so that's excellent news.

Just don't blow it!! :)

Good luck,
Col