Okay, hopefully this will show up on people's blogs.
*crosses fingers*
I really liked goleftatthefork's comment on my last post. So I followed what he said and rewrote it.
What happened to our friendship? Why have you cut me out of 95% of your life? What is your problem with me that you don’t want to do anything with me anymore? These are questions I have wanted to ask you for awhile now. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to ask when I want to. That's why I writing this instead, and then maybe you and I could talk about it.
Whatever your problem is with me, we can work it out, if you want to. If you only want to see me in church like we have been doing for months now, that's fine; just tell me that because not knowing what you want is harder than knowing. If you want to fix things so we can have a normal friendship like we used to have, that'd be great.
Is there any other way I should edit it?
And for those who don't agree with me sending this, I guess you don't fully understand my motives. Although I have done my best to explain them.
And sorry Torchy!, if I hadn't deleted my first blog you would know the problem between Alex and I.
Read other peoples comments too. I will be taking them into consideration.
4 comments:
goleftatthefork's advice was excellent; it's much better now.
However, I'd still edit it just a tiny bit more. I'd make the second paragraph just this:
Whatever your problem is with me, we can work it out, if you want to. If you only want to see me in church like we have been doing for months now, that's fine; just tell me that because not knowing what you want is harder than knowing. If you want to fix things so we can have a normal friendship like we used to have, that'd be great.
(I made a couple of small changes to the part I copied)
It's your call kid. I sure hope your heart doesn't get broken because you wore it on your sleeve.
I agree with Mr. HCI about dropping the last three sentences, but I would keep the one before them in a revised wording. Instead of, "We really should talk about this, whatever your decision is," I'd say something like, "I really hope you'll be willing to at least talk about this, even if your answer turns out not to be one I'm hoping for." But, idk, maybe they say about the same thing. My version is maybe a bit more pleading.
Good luck.
oooh this is tricky. i really don't think you should be saying 'we should talk about it'. like i said before, that's saying it's *our* problem, but right now you should be thinking that it's sadly only *your* problem. so i would definitely change that to something like 'i would really like to talk about this with you'.
along the lines of what naturgesetz suggested, but perhaps not the last half of the sentence as it does sound a bit pleading.
the other problem is this: *you* feel there's a problem, but can't bring yourself to actually talk about it. *he* may not even see there is a problem. not only is he suddenly being told There Is A Problem, he's also effectively being asked to start a conversation about it.
thinking some more about it, i'm inclined to side with the other folk who suggested that you shouldn't send a letter. i think it would be better to talk about it, even tho you would find it very difficult.
i really don't envy you, but i hope it goes well.
torchy!
Post a Comment