I was going to start my other blogs today. But now I have a title problem.
Grrr
I don't want the title to be too simple, like Peter's Civil War/ World War II blog. I would like to have something creative. I don't have any creativity, so I'm gonna sponge off yours. lol
Bob suggested "Blue and Gray" for the Civil War blog. I like that one and will probably use it. But the WWII blog is harder. lol. I cant think of any titles for it.
So, any suggestions?
9 comments:
First thing that came to mind is Eisenhower's title, "Crusade in Europe." But "crusade" now is understood as anti-Muslim, not as a noble cause, which is what it meant to Ike. And besides that title would leave out the Pacific Theater.
So how about
"Defeating the Axis"
If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.
The Best and the Brightest
Tom Brokaw's books
wrote books on ww2 generation
and then the 50s
morph his title
FDR's Cross
From FDR to Hiroshima
To Hell and Back [movie title i think]
look at ww2 movies and get an idea
Blue and Grey may feed into neo-confederate sknhhad types...
GI Joe something
??___________________?? was here!
Ngetz... u r old. It was a little nose over a wall icon of ww2. You rememebr? Kilroy?
http://www.kilroywashere.org/001-Pages/01-0KilroyLegends.html
That's it. Dad would be so proud. His dad was in the war. On a Liberty Ship.
And we r history buffs sorta.
LOL
Berlin to Tokyo
Betty Boop, Tokyo Rose and ______________. Rosie the Riveter?
need a european female war icon.
The War after the war to end all wars...
Elusive Peace
Pearl Harbor to Hiroshima and In Between
Pearl Harbor to ___??___ Berlin to Nagasaki.
What did Germans, Russians, and Japanese use for GI Joe equivalent?
Allieration???
Nazis, N_______________ and Nagasaki. Need an iconic WWII word that starts w/ an "N"
Pearl Harbor to D-Day to the "ship the Japanese surrendered on..." i dont rememeber the name
Journey through the darkest years in latest history
Well, what will be the content of the blogs? The entire history of the Civil War including the economics and sectionalism that lead up to it; and the causes and reasons for the second war, which is now being viewed as merely a continuation of the first after a brief peace. OR, will you just present isolated essays dealing with isolated personalities and isolated actions?
Personally I think Peter's Essays on the American Civil War sounds fine. Or Random Thoughts about Aspects of the American Civil War. Same general title for the other one, jsut change the war's name.
Unfortunately, a lot of folks of my generation probably associate Killroy with Styx and their horrible concept album Killroy Was Here. Luckily, at the moment I have the great song "Killroy Was Here" by The Move running through my head, instead.
I don't have any good suggestions at the the moment. I guess it's too early in the morning yet to think.
@ Steevo — the "ship the Japanese surrendered on" was the battleship USS Missouri
Peter probably already knew that — lol
Pearl Harbor fits if it is just about the U.S. in WWII, but of course the war began in Europe in September 1939. So that would call for something else to begin.
How about something simple.
World At War.
Revisiting The World At War.
Peters War Blog
Exploring The Second Great War
or you can go for something simple like
"peters blog discussing every aspect of WWII from the events leading up to the start of the war to the post-war recovery period including every battle, every social aspect and every historical footnote all discussed here on this blog"
:)
09 Queerboy's WWII Blog
17 yo Gay Guy Muses on WWII
Young Queer; Old Wars
"Queer" is a term of pride imho.
Have you done any reading on the role of gay men and lesbians in WWII? It's out there.
ffs peter
a view from normandy
:P
Post a Comment