Sunday, July 12, 2009

Broadcasting Live From Inside the Tent

So... yeah...

I'm laying on the air mattress inside the tent right now.

I just got in the mood to go camping today. So... here I am!


First, let me backtrack a day...

Saturday, my brother and his wife along with their new baby showed up at our place. They visited for a little while and showed off the new addition to their family. Then they announced that they were going to come to church today O.O

Okay, that's all well and good I guess... Except you have a new born... Who cries...

She was actually quiet in church today however.

Right after church Alex ask if I wanted to take his recycling stuff for him. Okay, sure.

For lunch I was going to make so Hamburger Microwavable stuff for myself. I dumped the stuff out of the packets into a plastic bowl and set it in the microwave then set it for 7 minutes. My brother, wife, and baby stayed downstairs while Dad and I went up to change our clothes.

After about 5 minutes, my brother started yelling my name and told me to rush downstairs. I went down and the kitchen was full of smoke and the place smelled so bad!

I opened the microwave only to have a plume of greenish/yellow smoke gush out into my face. I covered my face and went to throw open all the windows. Brother, wife, and baby rushed upstairs, only to be driven back down and outside by the smoke/smell.

After most of the smoke cleared away, I saw that the macaroni in the bowl was all black, and the bottom of the bowl melted to the microwave tray!

My brother grabbed it and took it outside.

Meanwhile, I got fans in the windows to suck the air outside.

All the while though, my brother is laughing because I forgot to put the water in the stuff. Because he's laughing, I'm getting all upset and mad. He kept saying stuff about not adding the water then he asked me, "Pete! Did you forget to add the water?" So I said, "Will you shut up about it already?!?!"

"You made a mistake. Big deal! No need to get all upset about it."

"Maybe if you shut up about it I won't get all upset!"

He just walked away. I saw Dad was chuckling to himself about it all. Finally I started to find it funny and we all started joking about it afterwards.

It still smells in the kitchen lol

I guess you just had to be there.

Anyway, then I sent Alex a message asking when he wanted to take the recycling stuff. Go figure, he didn't answer. So after a few hours I sent one saying that I didn't have all day to wait around. I had stuff I had to do ffs!

He showed up 2 minutes later.

I had to run up to Mom's first tho to drop off some things. While we were up there I decided to take him to the haunted house. I can't really describe it. I'll take pics next time. Then we took a detour over to a bridge that has some graffiti on it. It's my last name only spelled differently so it's made into the word "shits", only with the other letters of my last name put in it. It's hard to understand unless you know what my last name is.

Finally we went to the recycling thing... only to find it was full...

-_-

During this time I never said anything about what I posted about a few days ago. I probably never will either...

Once we got back I got in the mood for camping.

I sent him a message saying that I was putting the tent up today and leaving it up 'til Wednesday. Then I told him to let me know if he wants to camp out any of those nights.

No word back yet, but I'm in here anyway.... alone...

:(

Oh well...

Btw, I hope to get back into using Twitter again. I haven't posted in awhile on there. I dunno if people even check for my updates.

7 comments:

Tyler said...

im a tad confused.... did ur mircrowave meal blow up because you didnt add water, or because the bowl you used was not mircrowave safe? :/


well, hopefull alex will come and camp again. who knows... maybe you guys will get farther this time

o_O

only if you want to of course...

Tyler said...

oh ya.. and as for twitter, i would add you and follow you if I A) can figure out how to reply to pple and what not (i think i might know how..), and B) if i can even figure out how to add you.... i've clicked around everywhere on your little twitter section on the right hand column, but nothing takes my to your twitter page... that i can find

naturgesetz said...

I look at your Twitter section here on your blog when I visit (which is more often that you post to the blog, lol).

What's wrong with your brother that he didn't stop the microwave himself the instant he realized something was wrong? It's all his fault. (Except for the part that's your fault for not adding the water.) (That's an example of why you shouldn't change your clothes unless it's absolutely necessary.)

Anonymous said...

Brothers are a apain and will do nething to cause maximum stress and the oppertunity to take the piss.
Enuf sed.
LOL
Glad you are ok though mate,
Hope the tent was comfy

WkBoy714 said...

I shall follow you on Twitter if I knew your thingy :)

Also blogging from a tent sounds a nice idea..hmm..

Anonymous said...

Camping with him again? lol

~mikeyboy said...

Lol been there done that... (Putting a macaroni thing in the microwave w/ no water)