Friday, July 24, 2009

Pressure in My Head

Last week I started sneezing more than usual. That didn't really set off any alarms at the time. Then towards the end of the week, or the beginning of this week, I noticed that my left eye looked like I had gotten soap in it. By that I mean the eye ball was slightly red and more veins were showing than normal.

Then it started to hurt everytime I looked at light and also when I moved it in a certain direction. The best thing to do then is to get off the computer and away from the TV so the eye can "rest" right? Well, I didn't lol. I have an eyepatch that is used when you look through a telescope but you can't close your other eye. Anyway, I thought that would give my eye a "rest", and Dad agreed that it would be best to keep light away from it, while I continued to go about my usual routine.

Then the eye started to water more than usual. So Dad started looking for eye drops in the house, but we don't have any.

Then early this morning, it got to the worst point...

I woke up around 4 a.m. There was this intense pain at the top left of my left eye, like were the eyebrow ends. Everytime I opened either of my eyes and looked at something with light this spot started to hurt. Also, my nose was very stuffy. At this point it was obvious that it was a sinus problem.

My eyes were watering constantly at this point. Daylight was starting to pour into the room, so this made it difficult to open my eyes. Initially, I laid face down on my bed but this only worsened the pain/pressure in my head. So then I tried laying on my back, but this meant I couldn't open my eyes because of the light coming through the windows.

Finally Dad got up around 6. I told him to come into my room and close the blinds on the windows so I could at least open my eyes. By then it was like I was crying. My eyes wouldn't stop watering, my nose was stuffy and running... gah it felt horrible.

Finally around 6:30 I got up and went into the bathroom. Luckily I found some sinus reliever in the cabinet. I read the box to see what they are used for:

Sinus Headache
Sinus Pain & Pressure
Nasal Congestion
Sneezing
Itchy, Watery Eyes
Runny Nose

I had all of those except for the sneezing.

So I took two of the horse pills, and flopped back down on my bed. I woke up around 10. My nose was completely clear, my eyes were fine, no pain or pressure in my head. The pills had done their job.

My left eye is still a bit red. I just took two more pills because the "itchy, watery eyes" symptom was back. So we'll see what happens next.


Here are some pics I took today of my new room:


Hmm... It looks smaller on here, but it's bigger than my previous room. The pile on the lower left corner is pictures that have to be hung up.

I still haven't gotten stuff where it's supposed to be yet.


My bed. The eyepatch can be seen on the night stand.



Pile of Kleenexes on the floor :p

I want to paint the night stand a brownish color to match the other wood in the room. It's green cos it matched Dad's room when he was a kid.




My new desk set up. Most of the things on the desk haven't found a home yet. I'm still working on putting everything where it should be.



Casper. Lucky is the multi-colored cat in the other pics. =^_^=


Well, I think I'll get off the computer for awhile. I'm gonna go read some more of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.


P.S.

HAPPY B-DAY MIKEY!

P.S.S. I got a MINI Cooper!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol like the mini

naturgesetz said...

I had a foot locker just like that to ship my stuff to and from college, and store it there over the summers.

You should take a picture of yourself with the eyepatch. And post it, of course.

Looks like a pretty nice room. I had my bedroom walls about that color, painted by my grandfather, from when I was seven until I started sleeping in the little room, which was probably sometime around when I was 40. I kept the bedroom as my study until we sold the house when I was 51.

Thanks for the pics.

Oh, and congrats on getting the Mini Cooper without having to rely on my winning the lottery! lol

And I'm glad the pills worked. Do you think the paint fumes might have set off the sinuses?

Col said...

Glad to hear the tablets worked :)

Lol @ the Mini Cooper!

The photo of Casper is strange. It looks like he's been superimposed onto the carpet :)

Have a great weekend and take care,
Col

Anonymous said...

I hope you are not developing an allergy to your cat.

Tyler said...

are those short short farmer shorts sitting on the pictures :O lol, probs not.. but thats what i first thought they looked at


and for some reason i thought of Mboy when i saw that pillow with the multi-colours cats on it lol

blue kleenexes :O ... i swear, you americans would make the grass, and the sky optional colours if you could ;)

~mikeyboy said...

Thanks! I'm glad you're feeling better! Get on msn..