Monday, July 6, 2009

Cat Sitting, and other stuff...

My brother and his wife are going into the hospital tomorrow night. They will be inducing her tomorrow night so hopefully the baby will be here by Wednesday morning.

Mom and I stopped at their house on our way back from somewhere today. When we pulled in the driveway he was lounging in the pool while she was pounding nails into the deck lol.

Anyway, I'll be going over there tomorrow around dinner time (~5ish), and staying over night with the possibility of staying a second night just incase.

I'll be spending most of my time in the pool if it's nice :) I'll probably have my laptop with me too. I'll be pretty bored I'm sure so...


In Alex news:

I really think I'm getting over him. It's really easy when you have someone else to care about. In church yesterday, Alex commented on how "fancy" I was dressed. Albeit I was a little bit more dressed up than usual. I wore a tan suit without the vest, and a dark blue shirt with no tie and the two top buttons unbuttoned; mirroring the suit Pierce Brosnan wears in Cuba in Die Another Day. Anyway, Alex walked in and said, "Look at you dressed all fancy."

o.O

A little bit gay lol.

Then he was looking in the back of the old hymn books that we really don't use anymore. He thought the following passage from the back was funny:

"... The sucking child shall play over the hole of the asp,..."

Yeah, not really funny at all. I think he thought the "sucking" part was funny, I don't really know. I just read it then looked up at him kinda rolling my eyes, then looked away again. I don't sit close to him anymore. We still sit together in the same small pew, but I sit as far away as I can on the very end.

I was sitting outside last night while he, his sister, Joe, and Joe's sister were up at the tennis court playing tennis. I was planning out through my head what I would say if he asked me over to sit on his porch. Basically, this is what I was thinking about:

He obviously doesn't really want to be friends. He's was just using me when he needed me; camping, the skates, etc... (I'm pretty sure he's doing the same thing with Joe. More about that in a minute). So, since we really aren't friends anymore, why pretend we are by doing things like camping or sitting on his porch at night?

Right? Why pretend?

That's what I think I'm going to tell him if he ever asks to do something.

Anyway, about the using part:

The winter before last summer, he used to come over all the time. Why? Because I had the game Driver 4: Parallel Lines. After we beat that game, time spent together reduced slowly but surely until what it is now. So then he was using me for the video game. He is doing the exact same thing with Joe now.

The last time we sat together on his porch (a few weeks ago now) he said how him and Joe play one of the Halo games, and maybe some other one, on Joe's Xbox360. Alex doesn't have a 360, so that explains why he's at Joe's all the time. So basically, I think they're friendship is based on little more than a video game. Granted, they do other stuff besides that but so did we when he wanted to play that game.

Anyway, enough about him.


I think that's it, and this is getting kinda long so...

OH! NO!

I do have one more thing:

A new blog, just started today: That Boy's Ramblings written by WkBoy714. His blog is still in the "teething" stage so go have a look and make him feel welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friendships with people change over life. My bestfriend from high school is different from my best friend in elementary school, and even different than the one i have now.

Things change over time, but that doesnt mean you should just throw everything away. You need to be more accepting of what you have then what you dont. You still get to see alex once in a while and talk to him.

I think if you told him that stuff you would only throw away the little you do have and for what? Its not like youre going to be better off not being friends with alex at all.

I know its hard because you feel things for him, but like you said you're getting over that. So why do you feel you need to say all those things that are only going to hurt feelings in the end?

I dunno I think you need to just take a step back and accept things for how they are and not try to change them anymore. Like you said you've found someone else to care for and I'm happy for you.

Sorry if this is just a ramble...haha

cvn70 said...

Peter

An uncle again congrats. dont take the laptop in the pool haha

alex well im glad some one is taking your mind off him but no reason not to be nice to him

hope things are well, take care and be safe

bob

WkBoy714 said...

A new child sounds good :) I can't wait for my own similar experience also. Let us know how it goes of course :)

And huge thanks for that link up there. I'm quite stunned at all the help I'm getting from better bloggers like yourself so if I can do anything for you just ask :) Thanks, WkB

naturgesetz said...

Anticipated congrats on becoming an uncle again.

I agree with xthecouragex and bob about alex. No need for dramatic confrontations. Just be friendly acquaintances with him. Don't look for more.

Anonymous said...

congrats uncle Peter! and as for Alex - I wouldn't write him off completely - he's obviously much less mature than you, so just be nice and only engage on your terms if you are feeling used (maybe nothing wrong with using him back)

Lightning Baltimore said...

"When we pulled in the driveway he was lounging in the pool while she was pounding nails into his dick lol."

Well, that's what I almost thought it said . . .

Don't bother with the "why pretend" remark to Alex. If he asks, just give him the polite brush off, "I can't tonight; sorry."

J said...

one of the marks of maturity is to recognise people for what they are rather than what we wish them to be. In the process they are diminished in our eyes, but that is what comes whenever we give up illusions. I agree that you shouldn't be rude to Alex now that he is ordinary, because he is nonetheless altogether human.

Tyler said...

hmm... im afraid you're gonna end up brushing alex off when he actually isnt using you and u've maybe mistaken him....

but i dono, im not there. i would just recommend not being so quick to burn a bridge...