I want a Mini Cooper. There is one for sale nearish to hear for $9,200 (~$10,000 less than a new one). So I told Dad this, but he says that I have to have a job first before I can get a car. Then he adds, "... just like your brothers."
*rolls eyes*
Well, no one is hiring around here. The closest place that is hiring is a half hour away. So that means I need a car FIRST to get there.
I told him, "All my brother's had jobs in town, so they didn't need their own car. No one is hiring in town. The places that are hiring are all in C------, or G--------. So wouldn't it make sense to have a car first?"
Then I outlined a plan for me to pay him back everything out of my paychecks that I don't need for insurance and gas. I mean, I don't need money for anything else cos I don't do anything lol. After all, I'm not taking anyone on any dates anytime soon :p
Anyway, he said that I can have his current car for free (except for gas and insurance) once he gets a new car before the end of the year.
So... I guess I'll be driving a Ford Focus for awhile.
P.S. I found a 2000 Mercedes on Craigslist for $2,800. Dad just laughed :\
14 comments:
A car is a car...just use it unitl you have the money for the Mini :)
get the benz
LOL at the Mercedes. Of course there must be something very wrong if they only want $2,800 for it.
BTW, a few days ago my brother reported seeing a Cooper Mini with a bumper sticker that said "Actual Size."
@ NG:
I think you mean Mini Cooper.
I do indeed.
BTW, they look like nice little cars. They must be pretty fuel efficient.
There is a neighbor across the street who has one. I think he's a teacher. The car has Pennsylvania plates.
So he apparently takes it between here and there on the interstate. I'm not sure they're ideal for that. But they must be great for mostly local driving.
lol. maybe its only a mercedes chassy. lol
there must be something really wrong w/ it if their selling it for 2000 bucks
oh, and boy am i in the same boat as you. except no one ever hires where i live becuase theres only one store and its family run haha, and all the closest places are about a half hour away, and i've been nagging my parents for a car so i can get a job for ages...
The Ford Focus is a nice car to drive. We've had two now.
Peter
a car is a car, be happy with the focus lol and then go find a job
take care and be safe
bob
Don't buy a Mercedes. The spare parts will eat you alive. The asian cars are the best for price, reliability, cost of repair and quality.
I want a Mini Cooper soooooooo bad.
lolol gay men and minis :P
what is the world coming to
and lol at the mercedes
minis arent the most fuel efficient little things in the world but they are fun to drive
Hey Peter,
Gotta agree with Bob...
Take Care
Graham
@ Aahsazyl — You mean the guy in his late 20's across the street who was a teacher's assistant and has a Mini Cooper and moved to Pennsylvania and comes home for Christmas and summers and maybe a couple of holidays and sometimes plays badminton shirtless with his mom in the front yard is gay?!
Post a Comment