I am a HP fan. I like some of the movies vs the books and vice versa. With the longer books, it's easy for me to lose interest because of the length... But then again, I haven't read the longer books since they first came out (ie when my attention span was short lol), so I bet I could read them now.
BTW, I haven't read the last one yet. I probably won't get to it before the movie comes out in 2010...
Actually, if you didn't know, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is being made into two movies with one coming out in 2010 and the other shortly after in 2011. Personally, I think they should have done that with the last few movies cos they always end up cutting stuff out to fit a HUGE book into a 2 hour movie... with is dumb...
Anyway, so do you like Harry Potter?
Leave a comment after you vote... or before... whatever.
P.S. Mom and I are going to go see The Half-Blood Prince next weekend. Can't wait!
P.S. x2: I started re-reading The Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's Stone for you Brits) yesterday. I'm on chapter 6 right now, having read 5 chapters today.
P.S. x3:
P.S. x4: With all these P.S.s, I'm starting to sound like Torchy! :p
22 comments:
You forgot 'Yes, books and films'. lol
sowwy!
I usually can't stand anything with witches, warlocks, magic, etc. but I read and enjoyed all seven books. I enjoyed the first three movies but the fourth left me cold (haven't seen 5 or 6).
i dont really like it. i havent read or seen any of the films or book. i just dont have any interesting in magic, and warlocks and spells, and little magic-wand things. plus i think harry, and that red head are ugly.... blah it's all just a majour turn off for me. personally, i've never understood why so many pple like it. meh w/e
i couldn't understand what all the fuss was about: before the first film came out, a guy i sat next to at work was going on and on about it and i was like whatever. then i got dragged along to see the movie and i was totally hooked. read the book. saw the movie again.
now i've read all the books, not queuing for them but getting them on launch day. i've seen all the movies within 2 days of launch and i've read all the books and seen all the movies at least twice, except for the latest of each (only once).
so yeah, i guess you could call me a fan, and i saw the HBP last thursday.
lol at your ps remark btw - idk what you mean! and [glows] i got my own tag :)
take care peter
torchy!
I love em,
Shh dont tell neone!!!!
T used to get em at midnight when they were released.
HEEHHEHE
catch up soon,
Tom
The films have gradually got better in both the acting and the SFX deptartments. The first film was (and still is) cringeworthy!!
I watched The Order of the Phoenix again last night. The books on the other hand are just brilliant. Must've read them all at least 6 times!
Take care,
Col
ps. good luck with the decorating! :)
Never got interested in any of it. I have no particular reason to read children's books, and anyway I'm much more interested in nonfiction. So my PUB*, as Lunario calls it is almost entirely nonfiction (the sole exceptios being "The Shack" and a couple of books my kid brother gave me for Christmas or a birthday). And I never go to movies. "What, never?" No, never! "What, *never*?" Well, hardly ever. (10 points to whoever identifies the original that I just parodied.)
* Pile of Unread Books
@naturgesetz: 'he's hardly ever sick at seaaaaaaa. so give 3 cheers and 1 cheer more for the well-bred captain of the pinafore'
t!
10 points to torchy! !
(And for any culturally deprived readers who don't recognize it even from the last word in torchy's! quote, it's from Captain Corcoran's first song in Gilbert and Sullivan's "HMS Pinafore.")
OOPS!
I just realized there is one tiny mistake in what torchy! wrote. Five points to whoever identifies the error.
um...?
Oh btw, I don't think the Harry Potter books should be called "children's books", except maybe the first two, but they really aren't... especially the ones after the third book.
Idk why anyone could call a book that's almost 1000 pages a 'children's book.' Maybe it's cos of the genre?
Well, I just figured that the whole series would be the sort of thing it started out to be.
But it's probably still fiction. LOL
And the films are still movies.
I don't even go to movies I'm interested in.
Well, … hardly ever.
You sound so much like my dad :p
Wait... you're not my dad are you?
:S
Lol take me I haven't been able to see the movie yet!
Then give three cheers, and one cheer more,
for the hardy Captain of the Pinafore.
Can I have 5 points?
@ Peter — sshhhhhh!
lol
@ Baz — You get the five points: "hardy" describes the Captain of the Pinafore in the verse about never/hardly ever being sick at sea; "well bred" is when he never/hardly ever swears a big, big D.
Can we stop playing games on this post and move on to my latest post now?
Jeez!
lol
well i didn't do too badly as it all came from my head
sorry Peter. have you got another post or something?
t!
Sorry, son.
Oops. I mean, sorry, Peter!
You may resume talking about Harry Potter.
Post a Comment