Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back From Vacation... Some Updates

Finally got back from vacation today! :)

First off, let me go over some important things that have happened since I went away:

1. Obviously I still have my own computer, though I borrowed Mom's while we were away to check my regular email. I didn't dare check blogs or my blog email on her computer :\

2. Kelsey gave me her phone number! :O

Last week she wrote on Facebook "Text me." For folks that aren't familiar with Facebook, this message can be seen by everyone who is "friends" with her. I commented, "I would if I knew your number :p"

Then a few days later a guy also commented on it, saying, "I think he just hit on you... just saying :p lol" Then that night she sent me her number on Facebook :O

I got it when I checked my email the other day, but I didn't send her a message until just a few minutes ago... No word back from her yet... *bites finger nails*

Seriously, I would go straight if I had a chance with her. For the time being I may be posting stuff about me chasing after her instead of Alex :p She's way out of my league though. We used to be good friends in 6th grade, but that was 5 years ago. All the guys in school are lining up for a chance with her. She's very popular. I'll post about her and I in 6th grade when I get a chance.

3. I've found some laptops that I'm interested in.

Here is one. Obviously there are some restrictions with buying a small laptop; the memory capacity, no CD drive, etc...

Dad says that by the time I get the extra memory or whatever and the CD drive, it would cost as much as a regular size laptop. So I've also been looking at those.

Thanks to Steevo who sent me a bunch of info about refurbished computers or something like that, but we really don't have a problem affording a new computer. So thanks, but no thanks :)

4. No word from Alex yet about camping. I sent him a message today asking if he picked a night yet. I also said that it's going to be nice the remainder of this week, but rainy next week. So we really only have tomorrow (Friday) to do it. Saturday we can't cos we have to get up early for church, and Sunday I can't do it cos I've got an eye appointment Monday morning. Monday night we can do it I suppose. It's going to rain Tuesday-Thursday tho. I dunno if it's going to rain after Thursday or not since the forecast doesn't extend more than a week.

He brought up camping last week, but now he's not showing any interest -_-


I think that's all the updates I'm going to post for now. I'll post the pics I took while I was on vacation tomorrow and explain what I did, where I went, etc.


An hour later and Kelsey hasn't texted me back yet :\

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Welcome home!

Don't underestimate your chances with Kelsey.

Hope you get a good computer. I won't advise you because I really don't know anything about them.

If A**x doesn't get back to you about camping, invite Kelsey. LOL
But seriously, don't obsess over him. Concentrate on your other friends who will be happy to have you back.

Jason Carwin said...

Welcome back!

About computers, I just about a laptop for 400 bucks. It has a CD drive and is perfect for everything. It can even handle light game usage. I love it!

I suggest checking it out:
Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944

Actually, I think this version was $440 because I paid extra for a dual-core processor, but I forget

Anonymous said...

Mate, he is not worth worrying about, u enjoy your summer and if you can try not to send him ne more messages until he talks to u.
Remember what everyone sed before if he does decide to come camping wait for m to try somet then say wait up whats this about, u do this with me then u ignore me, and get to the bottom of it. worst case is he is a twat but at least u will know where u stand. I now this is hard because u have a lot invested in him but really try hard to do it. Plus you got a fit girl chasing u and she does sound interested, that could be loads and loads m fun.
Stay safe and happy
Tom

Steevo said...

I agree with dad. Look at Best Buy.

And the company's own website. Like HP.com. If you dont plan on using it for gaming and need tons of memory and super fast processing... u can get a really good one in the 600 range.

The advantage of the refurbished computers is [they r 99% brand new and] you get more bang for your buck. Guarantees are the same too usually.

steevo

torchy! said...

i'm catching up and i know you've already got a lappy so i won't comment on that now, but i would say that i agree with what Tom says. i'll help translate his comment for you if you're stuck. lol

torchy!