Friday, August 28, 2009

A Plan, Finally!!

So I talked to Mom and Dad today about all this, not both together, and we've finally got a plan!

First of all, Mom says she'll support me in any decision I make, but it's Dad's responsibility to take care of it all. So here's the plan:

I go up to the school Monday morning, and after I get my schedule I go straight to the office. There I ask to see the guidance counselor to find out if anything has changed since my old B&M school resent the transcripts. Actually, if anything had changed then I shouldn't even have to ask, she should just track me down and find me. Anyway, if anything had changed then we would discuss a new schedule. If nothing has changed, then I'm going to tell them that I'll withdraw tomorrow (Tuesday).

Also, Monday morning, Dad is going to get in touch with the cyber school and see how many credits they say I have, and also talk about the possibility of re-enrolling there.

So, yeah, that's it.

7 comments:

cvn70 said...

Peter

Dont you think you should know whether or not you can get back into cyber school before you withdraw

and hope all thi gets worked out
take car and be safe

bob

naturgesetz said...

Still no demand that they call the old school for a fax if the transcript isn't there? Still totally passive in the face of the bureaucracy?

I know you want the attempt to enroll you in the b&m school to fail, but I'm surprised your parents are being so hands-off about it.

Jason Carwin said...

Im glad youve got a plan going for dealing with this school. I really hope things work out and you get into Senior year. Go Seniors!

naturgesetz said...

Sorry if I've been too forceful in my comments on the school situation. But when I read about how one of your former classmates overheard something and exclaimed "Peter's coming back!" I said to myself, "Yesss!" and decided that going to the local school would be a really good thing for you — get you back in regular contact with people who were happy to have you around. So the possibility that it wouldn't happen was very distressing. I still hope it will happen, because I think it will be better for you than sitting alone in your room with your computer, no matter how much better you might do in cyber-school this year than last. But I have to admit, I don't know that for certain. It's just my opinion, based on incomplete knowledge of your situation and the schools involved. Actually, all I can really say is that I hope it works out for the best for you.

torchy! said...

again, i'm totally with NG on this. exactly. i can't comment on the education standard of the cyber school, but it clearly doesn't work so well for ppl with self-motivation issues such your good self (and me too, for that matter).

but what has shone out from your blog consistently, and i've read every single post, is that *you* need to get more social contact. real relationships with real people, and that means the b&m school is the right choice unless it's a baaad school.

i'm sure your parents do have your best interests at heart, although what you write does make me doubt it a little.

i'm not familiar enough with the US education system to know exactly what's involved with you being a yr11 instead of a yr12. i don't think that would happen over here unless a student was unbelievably thick or had missed *loads* of yr11 first time round. (i'm completely confident that wouldn't apply to you btw).

so my 3000-mile away view is that you should be insisting on enrolling as yr12 and start kicking some ass to get those transcripts seen. don't give up.

good luck
torchy!

Steevo said...

Torchy is right. Kick some ass FFS! It's a public school. They HAVE to enroll u at any time u show up.

Raise hell, make a scene, ask to speak to an administrator and plead your case. Remind them that you WERE in that school for 3 semesters ands cant they just trust that the missing semester... that THEY seem to have lost [from our IMs]. Track down teachers that u had and finished your final late. Ask them to tell someone that u did take their course and the final and they gave u a grade if they remember. I would EASILY remember a student by face if not name from just 3 semesters ago.

Talk to the teacher, remind them of stuff u remember form the course. Like field trips, one bratty kid, some unusual thing that happened, etc.

Do you have any papers from back then? Or emails to and from anyone referencing the classes? An email with even a minor reference to going to school on a date in question helps a lot.

I hope u r a packrat who saves shit.

Try this... how would you proceed if I told you that if you convionced me that you were there for that semester in question I would you a $Million what would you?

You must have friends that remember you being there... class anecdotes, maybe a project you did as a team.

I think if you compile a case with as much circumstantial evidence that u were there until almost the very end... they may decide to search harder for the data.

I think you sed it is a small school in a small town. That helps. There r likely many same teachers there.

Send a group email to ALL teachers explaining what is going on. Ask for help.

Perhaps as a local minister's on you are more easily recognized, and as the son of a teacher...

ALSO: attendance records have ot be kept in California a long time. Prolly in a data base. If you show attendance for all thosew days, then it is all the more obvious that THEY lost the damn credits.

grrrr...

steevo





steevo

Anonymous said...

man i hope they can fix ur credits D: someone i know passes senior year only to be informed that the school had lost his transcripts from his old highschool so now he is a sophomore again, but it sounds like you have a really good plan going so im sure everything will turn out well

check out my blog please :D