Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today is the Day

Yep, today we're going to find out what school I'm going to be going to. It's either a) the local school district if they're going to accept that I'm a senior, or B) back to the cyber school where they already know I'm a senior.

I talked to Mom on the phone last night. She said she emailed my old B&M school (brick-and-mortar) about the transcripts but she didn't hear anything back. So, she said was going to call them after she got done talking to me and leave a message explaining what she wanted, then call them again this morning and, hopefully, talk to the lady in person. Whether she has done that yet or not, I have no idea because she has her cell phone turned off during school, and I have no idea what her number is there.

I don't know how I'm going to convince Mom about me doing cyber school again (if nothing happens with that transcript). But, really, I think going there and being a senior like I should be is better than going to the local school and being a junior (again) just because of a technicality.

Okay, yes, I didn't do so well last year in cyber school. I let procrastination get the better of me (and also blogging :-S), but this has been a big wake up call! I don't want to have to go through this again! So if anyone thinks I'll mess up again two years in a row is crazy. Dad even takes some responsibility because he wasn't watching over me as well as he should have. So even he's had a wake up call.

So, I'm positive I can do it this year... I've got to do well this year... It's my last year before going off to college...

Ugh

The Future.... how scary... That'll be another post later on today maybe.

4 comments:

torchy! said...

it seems to all hinge on the missing transcript from your former b&m school. don't they have a legal duty to release that information?

can't the new school enroll you into year 12 pending receipt of the transcript?

hope it works out for you Peter
torchy!

ps. sorry, you can't blame your dad for your procrastinating! your responsibility

naturgesetz said...

The question is, who gets to decide. At 17, you're still a minor, so your parents are responsible for your schooling. And if your Mom is legally your custodian (even though you're living with your Dad), she has to make the call.

But I agree that being a junior for a second time makes no sense. That is, if there's no assurance that they'll make you a senior as soon as the transcript arrives.

Anyway, I hope it all works out for the best.

naturgesetz said...

One more thing. There are confidentiality laws, so that your old school can't just send a transcript to any school that asks for it. But with you mother's request, they are both authorized and *required* to provide it to the new school. And if they can mail a copy, there should be no problem with faxing a copy or reading it over the phone to the new school if one of them is so backward that they don't have a fax machine.

They can get this done if they want to.

You and your folks should hold their feet to the fire so you can get what you're entitled to (and they already know you're entitled to it).

J said...

Ditto! Tell your mother to go down to that school and don't leave until she has a copy of the transcript. Don't wimp out on this.