Wednesday, August 19, 2009

UFOs: Real or Hoaxes?

I was going to make this a poll, but I don't think a poll can really cover this adequately.

So, explain your opinion in a comment. A short 'yes' or 'no' will do, but I'd appreciate it if you explained your answer :)


I'll tell you what I think after I've read some other peoples' opinions.

11 comments:

Lightning Baltimore said...

I think some are hoaxes and some are individuals who honestly believe something happened that didn't. It's been found, for example, that electrical fields can cause hallucinations of what are called greys (the little people with the big eyes).

On the other hand, I think it's outlandish and egotistical to think Earth is the only planet in the Universe that harbors life.

Anonymous said...

Probably exist ... most of what we hear about is probably a hoax ... most of what exists is terrestrial, probably some of what exists is extra-terrestrial

I don't think we have any idea what the government is up to when it comes to experimental aircraft

Anonymous said...

I think some are UFOs are real, but not many. There must be other life out there!

cvn70 said...

Peter

I agree with Mr hcl, it is quite probably with all these other worlds out there that here are other civilizations

SO im going with the idea they are real. Now like Dan says i think most of these reports you hear about arent real UFOs

so what do you think

take care and be safe

bob

naturgesetz said...

I wouldn't say hoaxes, but I think they are not extra terrestrial. I think people see things and don't know what they are seeing and make up explanations that they really believe. But it is too much of a coincidence that all this started in earnest just after the age of air travel and rocketry arrived. People are awfully suggestible.

So, not a hoax, but fertile imaginations interpreting terrestrial phenomena.

Adidas said...

I refuse to answer until you take me to your leader......LOL

We come in peace - shoot to kill....

Pilgrim said...

Thx Pete, but the ever so serious NY Times did such a survey on their website. Category: utter nonsense. Propz Pilgrim

Anonymous said...

They are interdimentional. They are something that cannot currently be explained. Like electricity was prior to last century.

They may not all be space aliens. They may be parinormal (ghosts, spirits) or from an alternate universe or time travellers.

Jason Carwin said...

I think UFOs, in the most literal sense of the term, do exist. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. With this definition, there are UFOs spotted everyday.

If you mean UFOs from extraterrestrial civilizations and whatnot, then I do not believe in them. I believe that the universe holds many other planets that foster life, but I do not think any of them have visited recently.

Tyler said...

umm, im going to assume by UFO you mean the flying saucers piloted by aliens..


i think many are hoaxes, but not necassarily all.

hmm

i personally, would never rule out the chance of aliens/ufo but wont either say that they exist for sure.

Lightning Baltimore said...

one thing to add to what ng said:

Currently, it's UFOs. Mankind, however, has been besieged by imagined/misinterpreted things since probably the dawn of time. With the coming of air travel and the space age, it's UFOs. In past times, it's been sea monsters, witches, vampires, ghosts, etc. In other words, we humans are expert at deceiving ourselves.