Okay, so here is the new plan for tomorrow:
Dad takes me up to school, hopefully ahead of the buses, and we go into the office. There we'll find out if anything has changed. If not, then we'll withdraw me right then and there, go home and contact the cyber school. If things have changed, then I assume we'll work on a new schedule of classes.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Now, let me take this time to respond to a few comments on the last post.
@ Bob:
I think I told you this when we were talking the other day, but I'll put it on here for everyone else to see too. Yes, I can enroll in the cyber school. It's just like a regular public school; you can enroll anytime, and there are no requirements to enter.
@ NG:
I don't want the attempt to get me back into this school to fail. I was actually getting excited about it before we had the first meeting with the guidance counselor last week. We all agree, even you said it I think, that it is dumb to enroll me as a junior in one school while I'm already a senior in another.
@ NG, Torchy!, Steevo:
I don't get how I'm supposed to fight this, assuming they still don't have that transcript tomorrow. I mean, if they don't have it then they don't have it. Fighting it now would just be a waste of time and an interruption to my education.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Okay, now on to college, or uni as the foreigners say.... I think.... Oh forget it, I'll just say post-secondary education :p
I keep floating back and forth between interests, and it's time to decide. Here are three main the interests I keep floating between:
1. Ship's officer (also called mate).
2. Naval architect.
3. Architectural drafter.
Currently, I'm back at interest No. 1.
I requested more information from The Great Lakes Maritime Academy a few days ago. This is probably where I'll go if I choose to do this career. If you are interested, I'd be doing the Deck Officer Program. Also, if you're interested, watch this video.
Here are classes I'd be taking, and their descriptions.
I'm all excited about that ^ now, but let's see if I get through high school first :p
9 comments:
lol your so organized and planned out, i wish i were more like you XD shooo i dont even know what im eating tomorrow and i definately dont know what i wanna do after highschool lol i hope everything goes well tomorrow! i hope they find ur transcript so you dont have to go back to cyber school by yourself D:
well i still don't get it
i know schools
they r public and should serve
CITIZENS OWN th schools. Remember taxes? CITIZENS elect a board that hires a superintendent who hires staff to run them on behalf of the public. that fact is often forgotten by lazy or stupid staff. u would do a public service to remind them
if the friggin transcript is lost
it is THEIR fault cuz u can make a good case that they fucked up. they might not like to admit that. They could reconstruct the data if they want to.
but u have rights
every time someone calls them on their shit u make it better for th next kid with a problem
i'm sure this data is somewhere
and if they persist say the word "lawyer" or "School Board" and they shit their pants.
No principal wants to send a mess upstairs that his staff caused.
I simply cant understand why u will take this crap
waste of time? well hell... repeating junior yr is a colossal waste of time.
w/e
this is like a brick wall...
p.s. maybe the cyber school has a copy of the transcript. They should. You transcript should follow u wher ever u r.
p.p.s. Your final grades are probably on the grade reports the teachers handed in which by law here have to be kept. Most staes r the same. Also attendance records will show u were there. These records r sacred cuz the generally are the basis for a schools income, i.e., so much per day per student.
Naval architect????? Wow, that Titanic stuff really got to you!!!! I bet you know what NOT to do in naval design after that...... LOL
Why can't you demand that they call the other school and have them fax a copy or read the transcript and then demand that they enroll you as a senior at least provisionally until the hard copy shows up (if it isn't there already)? Why do you and your folks have to accept the results of their incompetence? Why can't you go over the guidance counselor's head if she refuses to do what she can (i.e., make that call) to straighten out this bureaucratic mess?
P.S. I hope everything will go without a hitch tomorrow, and they'll enroll you as a senior on the spot. I'll be away from the computer for a few days, I'll have to wait till the end of the week to find out.
Good luck!
Peter, I said this to you the other night on IM and I'll say it again now. None of this makes any sense. We live in the age of literally instantaneous communications with every corner of the globe, and this official can't pick up her phone and call the other official, who will take ten steps to her filing cabinet, and then ten steps to a fax machine, and all this will be straighten out.
Nothing about all this adds up or makes sense.
Peter, I love the Maritime Academy programs. Go for it man. In the mean time, I don't see why your cyber school can't verify your transcript. I would be going to the superintendent's office if I were you. I don't think you have enough discipline for the cyber school thing. You need to be in a classroom environment.
--DB
Peter
I told you i would make some calls on your behalf :P
and the question iwas asking or saying is that to make sure cyber school sees you ae senoir is all
and a day or two is not wasting your time lol
good luck how ever it comes out
take care and be safe
bob
You want to be in the navy? That's cool.
Post a Comment