Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm not surprised... are you?

Just by the title I bet you can guess what didn't happen tonight.

It was 10:17 when I sent him this message:

"I take it we aren't going to sit out tonight like you said we would?"

To which he responded (*gasp*),

"Sorry, I forgot my game was in -------."

Okay, that really didn't answer my question. He got home shortly before 10, so it's not like he got home late at night. Besides, he stays up late now anyway (late being between 12 and 1am). So thinking this, I sent:

"So is that a 'no' then? Cos unless you're staying up late again there really isn't any point since it's already 10:30" (10:30 is when I used to go home if I was over there at that time)

He hasn't responded to that yet (it's 10:41 now), so I'm guessing it's not gonna happen.

Not really to surprised or hurt by it though.

So...


BTW, I made a post already today.

4 comments:

Lightning Baltimore said...

That second text sounds petulant and a bit pushy. I'm not saying that to be mean, of course, but to be helpful. Next time, try something like:

"Oh, well. It's getting late, I guess. I can still come over if you like, though. BTW, are you fucking that bitch Joe?"

OK, not that last bit.

:-D

naturgesetz said...

If he felt about you anything like the way you feel about him, he'd have been texting you the minute he got back and asking you to come over. In fact, he'd have texted you when he remembered that the game was where it was, apologized for having to be later than he had said, and begged you to wait for him.

But he's a friendly acquaintance. His life doesn't revolve around you. He can have fun with you, but he doesn't feel that he needs you.

For a moment, I thought he might be getting more interested in you, but I'm afraid it's still the way it's been for some time. So the advice to get away is still valid.

Sorry you were disappointed.

*hugs*

Adidas said...

Yeah, it seems as if he's playing it cool. Nothing you can do except play it cool as well....

Maybe there IS something going on with Joe. Not sure how you can ask Alex about it, though.

Hugs and best wishes.....

Adi

Anonymous said...

Wow bud that sucks...i feel for you, you should just keep trying to be his friends tho...because id rather have a friend than lose someone i love. samething happend with me and someone.