Monday, June 8, 2009

Coming Out

Okay first of all; I know this will probably sound dumb, but here is a quote from Dan's blog:

"...it felt like we were boyfriends. We were together most of the night and we were joking and it felt really great. I felt like i could just go up and kiss him and everything would be cool. I didnt, but it felt like i could."

It'll probably sound really stupid for me to say, but that pretty much describes how I felt last night too :) (see last post)


Yeah, okay. Now that that's outta the way...

I was at Mom's today trying to work on school stuff. She was there so I didn't really get much done. Later, I turned on the TV and we watched Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. This particular episode dealt mainly with homosexuality.

There were a couple instances while watching it that I got really uncomfortable, thinking she was going to say something about me personally. For example: there was a bit about how some people think homosexuality is caused by an overbearing mother and a distant father. I got nervous at this line because, well, that's how it used to be with me.

Um... there was another part, but I can't remember.

After the show ended she said, "I don't think those people have a choice in the matter."

:O

Wow, I was actually shocked to hear that. I was getting ready to leave so the subject got changed (thank God).


Then at dinner, I told Dad about the episode. I quoted one line that I thought was funny:

::Detective Stabler is reading a hate mail letter sent to the gay victim::

'All queers will burn in the flames of hell,' so sayeth the Lord." Somehow I don't think that's a direct quote.

Dad said, "No, it's not a direct quote, but it's not too far off either."

-_-

Somehow, I'm not really surprised at that.

So if I had to choose which one of my parents to come out to, I think I'd be safer telling Mom.


Btw, the episode was very much in favor of gays.


Right now I'm anxiously awaiting nightfall so I can go over to Alex's... assuming he asks. He said we were going to sit out so...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ask him!

Anonymous said...

i'm extreamly happy for you!! i wish i had an "Alex", well someone to love, not the whole confusing sexuality thing...

Tyler said...

ooooo, good luck with alex!

naturgesetz said...

I agree with you about which parent to come out to first.

I guess the roller coaster is near one of the high points on its track.

J said...

I can't believe your father said that to you.

Aahsazyl said...

neither can i
ill come round and set him straight :P
allright?

Steevo said...

Your dad did not say he agreed with that quote about burning in hell. He just said that was the idea of the quote. He does not seem like a fundi to me. Do you think he might nail yer gay ass and send you off to burn? Would he stop loving you? I doubt it! Could you have expanded the conversation and picked his brain? Has he ever preached about queers and hell? Is he a fire and brimstone guy or a Jesus is our brother... God is a loving father kinda person? Is he a rigid thinker? Can he see gray in life? Does he ever admit he does not know the answer?