Saturday, June 27, 2009

Community Day and Random Pics

Today is the annual community day thing in my city. I took some pics of the parade, and some of my room for you to check out. There's even a pic of Alex... No really, there is.

The pics from my room are first cos I forgot that Blogger adds everything backwards when you upload pics.

Captions for a picture will be below it.


The new marker board I hung up in my room. This was written in my best/fanciest cursive. I don't really like to write in cursive cos I'm really not that great. I'm even worse at reading it.


Gun rack with two muskets on it. The top on is actually just a toy, and the one below it is a hunting musket. Also on the bottom rack are two swords.

Yes, you can see my reflection in the picture on the left.



Five pictures cut out of an old calendar. I have no frames or wall space, so I put them up on top of the door frames lol.


Oops, I forgot to rotate some of these pics when I uploaded them to my computer.

Well this one if of the Skylar (the dog) and Chessie (pronounced Chess-e, not cheesy) on the steps. Horrid wall color huh?


Casper in his basket. I just woke him up as you can see lol.


Chessie high on cat nip.


My closet. You can see my sleeping bag on the shelf above, and the heating blanket on the floor below a small space heater.


My "chart table" as I call it. This table currently holds the base of a 3D puzzle I'm working on. Depending on what I'm working on, this table holds Titanic blueprints, or battle maps and such from the Civil War.


Skylar.


Forgot to rotate this one too.

My new cell phone. It's a Chocolate. Kind of a gay color isn't it? :p

It actually belonged to my mom before she got a new one. I really needed a replacement for my old one, so she got this one activated for me. Anyone want my number?


Hehe. Guess what those are used for...

:p


The book I'm currently reading about World War II.


I've got a looooong way to go in it. I'm only on page 130 out of 946.



Okay, lets get to the Community Day Parade.

Civil War reenactors. I can't remember what that group is called, but they're all African Americans.








Firetrucks from other places.

Some people marching. They obviously have a name but I can't think of it right now.



The Japanese Club. I have no clue where they came from lol.


The girls' softball teams. You can see Alex's dad and his sister if you know what they look like.


Lady on horseback who I missed when she was on the parade route.




Some classic cars. Maybe some of you old(er) people can identify them?



Boys' baseball teams.
Alex's baseball team. Alex is looking right at the camera, standing in the middle.


One of the our firetrucks. The others, including the rescue boat, went past before the Civil War reenactors did, but I didn't have my camera then.


One of the old cars again.

Sorry about the blurriness in most of the parade pics. My camera was zoomed in the whole way on some of them.

There will be fireworks later on tonight. I'll take pics of that too and post them.

12 comments:

Aahsazyl said...

lol
these old people area all GAY
they dont know a damned thing about cars :P
jk jk

Anonymous said...

Your cats are very handsome. Casper is a chartreux cat, right? Looks perfectly like one of my cats. :)
And Chessie seems a little bothered about being photgraphed, lol.

Lunario

naturgesetz said...

Thanks for the pics.

Alex looks tall. Deffo taller than the other guys who are standing up. And being able to stand in a moving vehicle without holding on to something is something of an accomplishment.

naturgesetz said...

Oh, and I have things over my doors and windows, but it's crosses and religious medals pinned to cards.

torchy! said...

this is *good*. it's nice to be able to see some things as they are, coz it helps to anchor things in our minds when we read your posts.

i suppose i could have guessed what your houses look like, but they still weren't like that in my imagination, and i had them closer together (like in our country. lol)

alex does seem taller than i thought. why did you shoot the parade pics from your house? why not get closer for a better view.

hope you enjoy the fireworks tonight.l

torchy!

Anonymous said...

Looks like 2 Titanic library books, two Spanish-English Books, Two dictonaries, ruler and protractor, and that big fat WW2 book!
Interesting. My books are all geeky tech computer books.

Not fair showing the tissues and not the lube.

Those cars or too old, even for me.

Torchy point was valid: Why shoot from the 2nd floor instead of streetside.

Tyler said...

look's like you've got a lot of dress shirts.

and why is roosevelt the biggest on the cover of the book? and why isnt King on the cover? (boo)lol. though that's a bloody long book, i dont think i could ever read a book that long...unless each page was a picture of a cute boy. haha

and even though alex is a tad blurry, he still looks hot. lol

and it's good to know you have a camera... i was just wondering about that actually ... lol i hope this doesnt sound creepy :P you'll find out on monday...

J said...

You've rolled your memories up in your tent, and your longing in a sleeping bag you've put on a shelf in your closet, with the neatly ironed shirts. And after all, if your father can't see your thoughts, he can't condemn you. You've stored your life in that room. Sure, the parade may at best project the ordinariness of small town life, but instead of embracing it you've managed to reduce it further by taking your pictures from a window two blocks away and filing its two-dimensional apparitions in your computer. I suppose you might be able to make it
3D again, like the puzzle on your table, but the pictures will never be more an illustration of a parade that is passing you by.

Mirrorboy said...

I hope Alex isn't that blurry in real life. lol

Your writing is really sexy. :)

Anonymous said...

nice, you should get a closer pic of alex..

Anonymous said...

let's stop making fun of old people, please 8-)

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

Alex looks cute from afar. I came from a small town in NJ. Kinda miss small shizz like Founder's Day...