Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Broken Record?

Okay, do I sound like a broken record when I say, I'm gonna give up on Alex?

Yeah, I think I do too.

Anyway, I posted all this on Twitter, but I'm gonna post it here too.

I was sitting outside practically all evening. From 5:30-7, then a storm came so I had to go in cos of the rain, then from 8-9. I was kinda just waiting for Alex to ask me over like he said he was going to (see last post)

Then at 9, I just said (out loud too :\), "Fuck it."

Then I came inside to talk to people who actually care about me... or at least pretend to :p

I'm trying to convince myself (maybe a little help from you would be good?) that it's time to give up on him. For real this time. It's gonna be hard tho :\

Anyway, if Alex apologizes or whatever tomorrow, then I'm just gonna tell him that I quit. Simple as that.

I mean, it's not like this is the first time. This has been going on for a year now ffs!

To tell you the truth, I'm not really upset or hurt this time.

I'm just annoyed that this keeps happening over, and over, and over again.

Also, I've reconnected with most of my old friends from where I used to live via Facebook. I'm gonna start to reconnect with my old friends from around here too. The nice thing is that I can chat with them right on Facebook or Myspace.

I think I'm gonna continue with my cyber schooling instead of going back to my old school. Staying in cyber school is just something I want to stay with for another year.

So, well, I think I totally lost the point of this post with those last few paragraphs. Oh well...

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

In the mean time, I'll take any advice you might have or whatever. Just please don't tell me I should go back to my old school. I'm sorry I brought it up awhile ago cos now I have reconsidered that idea. Anything else though I'll take.

8 comments:

Lightning Baltimore said...

Telling Alex you quit will just sound petty.

If he apologizes, just say it would've been nice if he'd let you know he was gonna go to Joe's house instead. In other words, accept the apology but don't be a doormat.

In future, when he says he's gonna ask you over to sit on the porch or wants to go camping or whatever, don't expect him to follow through. If he does, that's nice; if he doesn't, that's what you expected anyway.

Anonymous said...

Peter, best advice I can give was given to me by a dear friend: Travel Light.

J said...

What's there to say that hasn't been said for the last four months or more? If you want it straight, here it is: So long as you encapsulate yourself in that house on that block you will never meet anyone new or escape your masochistic obsession with your neighbor.

naturgesetz said...

I think you are wise to reconnect with your old friends.

But I don't think there is any point to telling Alex that you quit. By all means quit hoping for anything from him. But since he only thinks of himself as a friendly acquaintance, telling him you quit is hardly going to matter to him.

I agree with what the others have said.

If he invites you to do anything or go anywhere, you can agree if it;s something you'd enjoy. Just don't imagine that he wants intimacy with you.

I'm sorry you can't expect more of a friendship from him, but if you can manage to handle the occasional interaction you've been having, why not do so?

But above all, do follow through on reconnecting with others.

naturgesetz said...

Oh.
And *hugs*

I wish I could ease the hurt of not having him be the kind of friend you hoped he would be and thought he could be.

Adidas said...

Agree with Naturgesetz - on both the advice and the hugs!!!

Why not follow up with your friendship with the not-so-annoying guy who pointed out the relationship between Alex and Joe? Sounds like you might have potential there....

Hugs - lots of

Adi

Anonymous said...

my advice - go live your life - reconnect with old friends, get into some new social situations, force yourself to interact with more people - Alex will become less important. Quit him? I'm not sure you can really do that, but you can find much better substitutes if you give yourself a chance

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Unfortunately, the problem is more with you.

You want too much from Alex, more than what he's willing to give.

That is why whenever he treats you like crap, you feel so hurt. But it could be that's how he treats ALL his friends. The way he is.

But because you're too into him, you get hurt by those treatments.

Let me give you an example. I have a friend. We sometimes break appointments to each other, forgot to call and reschedule. But next day, when we see each other, we'll just chew each other out, and then be friends again.

I am not hurt at all when he breaks appointment without telling me. Because I treat him as just a friend. Likewise for him.

However, if my partner did that, I'll feel very pissed.

This is the core of your problem. You're too into Alex. If you continue like this, you'll hurt yourself even more, and lose him completely.

The solution is not to cut Alex out completely. That's a bit extreme. Instead, you should accept that he's not into you at all. Just move on, and let him be just a friend.